Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Pininfarina Cadillac

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Hmm,  8)  looks rather elegant
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Denrep

To me, the car is so lacking in Cadillac styling cues, either past or future, that really it would have fit better in the Pontiac/Plymouth/Studebaker category.

Sure, nice clean design, just not enough "Cadillac" visible in it. Practically anybody's badge could have been slapped on it.

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

guidematic

That car was commissioned and built by Pininfarina in a failed attempt to convince GM to continue the essence of the Eldorado Brougham program. It was named Jaquelin due to the popularity of the first lady at the time.

Mike

Denrep

Quote from: guidematic on August 08, 2011, 03:53:23 PM
That car was commissioned and built by Pininfarina in a failed attempt to convince GM to continue the essence of the Eldorado Brougham program. . . .

Ueahg, and that's just what it seems to lack, any essence of a continuance.
Seems more like a clean break.

guidematic

You would have to wonder if it would have been a go had there been more Cadillac in the styling. But the Brougham was a huge money loser for GM. That, I think, was the prime motivation for GM discontinuing the car and paring the Eldorado line down to a single convertible.

Mike

thebig429

Cadillac Radio
Classic rock from the 60s - 90s
triplecitiesclassicrock.weebly.com/
-------------------------------

Denrep

Quote from: thebig429 on August 09, 2011, 01:12:34 AM
Read Yanns facts on this car
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/60pfjacq.htm

Wow, that's a lot of reading.  :doh:  :read:
Interesting.

"Pininfarina would be my first "suspect" (of who created the body tag)  considering they were responsible for putting together the 1959 and 1960 Eldorado Brougham models. However, I'm not saying there was any evil intent on their part, only that they needed to put some kind of "logical" VIN on the body they had built as a styling exercise to try to coax GM-Cadillac to continue production of the Brougham through 1961 and 1962."

Strictly a guess, but my hunch is that the design's generic enough that  Pininfarina would have shopped around with it, or a very similar design, to any potential taker.

thebig429

Some quick quotes :Muttley:
March 1991 I was able to crawl under it and discover for myself that there were, effectively, neither engine, nor transmission, nor any mechanical components of any kind on this "car".  Even the dashboard instruments were the dummy kind and the windshield and windows all were made of of plastic. Obviously this pushmobile never was intended to be driven.
November 2006. Soon after that sale went through, Mr. Perrin commissioned Florida auto restorer, Frank Tetro, to make Jacqueline a drivable machine.
At an estimated cost of some  $50,000, the father-and-son team of Frank and Tiano Tetro carefully and painstakingly mounted Jacqueline   onto a pre-owned 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz chassis (although it seems that car had its power plant replaced at some time in its life with an earlier, regular 1959 Cadillac engine
Cadillac Radio
Classic rock from the 60s - 90s
triplecitiesclassicrock.weebly.com/
-------------------------------