News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Mike, one for you?

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Yep, that sure is a beauty.

But I would argue on all original. Looks like the engine may have been replaced with a Goodwrench. Which is a good thing.

Mike

DownUnderDeville

Fins

One of GM's trademarks. Mr. Goodwrench. AKA Goodwrench service/parts. Names could have changed, but the crate motors used to be called TargetMaster. They could be Goodwrench now. I don't know.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: guidematic on August 25, 2011, 01:55:25 PM
Yep, that sure is a beauty.

But I would argue on all original. Looks like the engine may have been replaced with a Goodwrench. Which is a good thing.

Mike

Other than the name, are they otherwise identical to the original? Why replace it at such a low mileage (apparently?)

I know nothing of these motors  :dunce:

guidematic

The HT4100's were prone to failures. Many gave up the ghost when they were still low mileage. But having said that, many engines were replaced uneccessarily so due to problems that could have easily been fixed.

The engines that were usually put in were new engine from GM known as Targetmaster or Goodwrench engines. They contained all ther updates thus far that GM incorporated into them, making then a really good engine.

What made me think that this is a replacement engine is the cast aluminum rocker covers. The original engine came with stamped steel covers, similar to the cast units, but differant enough to spot at a distance.

Mike