News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

New Parts Guy

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Fins

He's got it right. Clean it up, put some paint on it, make it look like it's something that someone wants to buy. As long as it's fully functional, and the customer is happy, he'll get return business.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Tailfin Joe

I have used this guy in the past got some good deals , tells it like it is , good communication.
1970 Coupe Devile

Russ

Quote from: Fins on October 15, 2011, 05:15:56 AM
He's got it right. Clean it up, put some paint on it, make it look like it's something that someone wants to buy. As long as it's fully functional, and the customer is happy, he'll get return business.

I sell parts dirt cheap. When I say dirt cheap, I mean dirt and all. If I were to clean and polish everything I sell, I would have to mark up the parts.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

Isn't the idea of selling to make money?   :scratchhead:  If you spend the extra few minutes to make a rare part ultra presentable, I see the potential for another $40+, if it's a part you almost never see listed.

Why bother at all for chump change?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Tailfin Joe

I just detailed my snow blower and when it looks nice = good price fast sell . that's what the car business is all about looks nice, and big hype sells cars, weather their good or bad. , just like hamburgers do you want one fat and juicy or 100 % Angus beef with the secret sauce.
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

Quote from: Tailfin Joe on October 18, 2011, 01:17:31 PM
, just like hamburgers do you want one fat and juicy or 100 % Angus beef with the secret sauce.

Jeez, now there is a statement that will get some comments. Fat and juicy....secret sauce...... :chin:

Mike

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631