News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Different

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Those were very popular here in the late 70's and early 80's. The sister cars were the Dodge Diplomat and the Plymouth Caravelle

They were built off the Volare platform, which wasn't particularly good. But in good nick with a good running 318 they could be pretty nice cars. They came standard with this choked slant 6, which was a gutless wonder, even in the 2 BBL Super Six guise.

I see you can still buy a nice one for chump change.

DownUnderDeville

Yeah I noticed the one in the link had a slant 6 in it. I can't believe how long you guys persevered with that motor. We stopped using it in '69! But it did gain a very good reputation for reliability and became a very popular base for modification.

Fins

The 225 may have been a little weak in the knees, but you couldn't break that engine if you tried.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

I drove one home one night with a broken water pump belt(2 hours on the HWY).
I didn't even know about it until the next day. It ran no matter what you did to it.
It was in my brothers 67 Dart.

GJ

guidematic

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on October 22, 2011, 06:02:01 AM
Yeah I noticed the one in the link had a slant 6 in it. I can't believe how long you guys persevered with that motor. We stopped using it in '69! But it did gain a very good reputation for reliability and became a very popular base for modification.

You guys got that vertical six you called a hemi. That was an aborted truck engine project in Highland park that Chrysler of Australia took over. That was a pretty stout powerplant too.

The slant six persevered here until the late 80's, right to the end of the RWD cars, the Fury and Diplomat. It was available in 2 sizes, the 170 and 225. The early years had some interesting variations, like the availability of an aluminum block, and the Hyper-Pak which had a radical cam, split exhaust manifold and a 4-bbl carb. It was available in the Valiant anf the Lancer.

It did earn a reputation as being utterly indestructible.

Mike

Fins

And the standard tune-up included the O-rings for the plug well sleeves.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

On the earlier models. By about 1970 they did away with those. But the distributor was dtill a bit of a bitch to get to, especially on the A-body cars.

Mike

Fins

It was like being in the dark with a shy girl. All by feel.   :Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Russ

Quote from: Fins on October 23, 2011, 02:38:27 PM
It was like being in the dark with a shy   ugly girl. All by feel.   :Muttley:
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

No idea on the ugly girls.   :No:  But I have been with a few that you wanted to chew your arm off that she was laying on, to get away without waking her.

Whoever said the girls get prettier at closing time, never did any drugs.   :Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on October 23, 2011, 08:26:08 PM
Whoever said the girls get prettier at closing time, never did any drugs.   :Muttley:

Oh, they get prettier. It's not til morning that you see what they really look like.

Fins

Quote from: ST Dog on October 23, 2011, 08:28:48 PM
Oh, they get prettier. It's not til morning that you see what they really look like.

Experience knows all huh? 

Been there, done that.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Quote from: ST Dog on October 23, 2011, 08:28:48 PM

Quote from: Fins on October 23, 2011, 08:26:08 PM

No idea on the ugly girls.   :No:  But I have been with a few that you wanted to chew your arm off that she was laying on, to get away without waking her.

Whoever said the girls get prettier at closing time, never did any drugs.  

I've heard the same thing from a female point of view.  :rotfl:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Quote from: CarFreak on October 23, 2011, 09:55:09 PM

I've heard the same thing from a female point of view.  :rotfl:

Let there be not doubt at all about that.

She reached down in a drunken haze, and said..."Ueah, I'm all about that", and away we went.   :shh:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631