News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Close By 69

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Little rusty but the old geezer bought it new.I don't like the seat but Fins likes
a 69  and looks like it will be under a grand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Eldorado-1969-Cadillac-DeVille-original-sales-slip-/270839942650?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0f518dfa

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

45000 miles ,original owner,not too rusty.Really?

Carfreak

Seriously Keeper,

What was your comment about problems with the halo roof on the nearly flawless Eldo pics I posted yesterday? 

And you think THIS is a decent car?!?!?

I can provide a list of phone numbers where to get your eyes checked. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Keeper

Sometimes I talk too fast,This is a project yes and that 70 is real nice.I
just know how it looks under that roof.If you were to get in the trunk and
look up toward the package tray you will see they never actually finished
where the fenders meet the quarters and it probably looks as bad as that
hood on the 69.Don't misunderstand me but thats how those 67-70 Eldo's
are,they RUST especially under that top.Most of it is cause condensation
not really a water leak untill the fabric seeps and that only takes a short time!

Carfreak

Yes, I understand how cars were finished which had vinyl roofs installed BUT the 70 Eldo I posted IS a documented, 20k mile pampered, one-owner-since-new car.  The owner didn't drive it in the rain, snow, etc.  he didn't even drive it to church on Sunday since he was a Bishop and just walked next door to worship.  It has sat inside a garage since new and the underside affirms that story - its as clean as on top and inside the trunk is very nice too, even up underneath the rear window.  

Don't forget, I've lived on the salt-coast too; I've seen how cars exposed to salt air rust from the top down, such as you've experienced with your Eldo.  I'm guessing your car sits outside?  

Here in the 'rust belt', if you put your car away for the season and don't drive it on salty roads it can and will stay rust-free.  Both 442 and Hurst Olds are cars that we brought back from when we lived on the west coast.  You can eat off the bottom of Hurst Olds, might want to wipe a bit of dirt off before dining on the 442 (I live on a gravel road).  Detailed H/O's engine compartment for a show twenty years ago and other than a little dust its as clean as the day it was done.  

442 got a STEEL exhaust installed August 1985 at Orange Muffler in Orange California.  I used 442 quite a bit as a daily-driver for many years - driven in the rain but never snow & salt.  The muffler system may not be the prettiest (bare steel = surface rust) but its as solid as the day it was welded in place 26 years ago.    
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Geoff

Been looking for a $500 car to drive around in until I can get the Caribou finished, I'll keep an eye on that auction.  Might keep that engine and swap it into the Caribou.  The one in my '73 Caribou is a '76 and pretty much an unknown, runs good but no idea of mileage or general condition right now.
Geoff  
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Keeper

That actually is the coolest part about my car.Its got rust and duraglass,bed armor roof,
no parking signs in the floor.It cost under 3k and about 3k more in the motor build and
such.So if someone spills a coke or something its no big whoop.I would'nt want to be in
a 20k mile car and have that happen.That is why I posted it,For a grand for the car and
another grand or so it could drive around and look really nice even though it is a pile
now.............. :protest:

DownUnderDeville

It's certainly unique. Was the 4 door Eldorado a '69-only run? Or could you option 2 rear doors? :Muttley:

ST Dog

Quote from: Geoff on October 26, 2011, 08:15:38 PM
Been looking for a $500 car to drive around in until I can get the Caribou finished, I'll keep an eye on that auction.

I was just wishing it was closer. If it stays under a thousand it'd make a good driver with just a few minor repairs (like new brake hoses).

Quote from: Fins on October 26, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
It's overbid already.

???  The drivetrain is worth the current bid.

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on October 26, 2011, 11:24:41 PM
It's certainly unique. Was the 4 door Eldorado a '69-only run?

Obviously the woman is clueless.
Hell the invoice clearly lists it as a Sedan deVille.

DownUnderDeville

You missed a bit. Must be worth millions. Someone tell luvdg!  :Muttley: