Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Truck

Previous topic - Next topic

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on October 27, 2011, 04:46:42 PM
It was supercharged.

So is your F150.

A turbocharger is a special case of supercharger, using an exhaust gas driven turbine to drive the compressor.

Carfreak

Aussie accent, Kiwi accent - Captain Happy Fins wouldn't notice the difference.   :rotfl:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

What we call the turbo was originally called the Turbo Supercharger. In reality it shares a lot with the centrifugal superchargers of Paxton and McCulloch fame. Any form of cramming more air into the intake to create a positive pressure is technically known as supercharging.

And sorry Keeper if I sent the topic the wrong way. The mention of a 360 still makes me cringe at the money I wasted when I could ill afford it to get to and from with that car. That Dakota is a nice peice, and I know they are pretty quick.

But that brings to mind something that I have been thinking about for awile. It seems horespower ratings have gone up and up, yet in some cases the performance has not greatly improved from stuff from in the 90's.

Also incidentally, 255 HP is only 10 more than the 360 was rated in 1973 when used in the Duster/Dart Sport.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: guidematic on October 27, 2011, 04:09:45 PM
The 351M/400's yes. No power, yet swilled gas. On top of that, they were never a poster child for durability. A bad engine no matter how you looked at it.

The 351M in my 77 Cougar was the only car I owned that the gas gauge moved faster
than the speedometer needle.

GJ

Fins

Captain Happy will gladly take her. As would any other normal male here.   :yeah baby:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.