News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

stainless roof

Previous topic - Next topic

EXCRUISERGUY

He said tall. I'm 6'2. 6'6 and taller your going to have trouble fitting in anything smaller than a Kenworth.

GJ

Fins

You haven't sat in a new Beetle lately. Damn,  :yikes:  talk about head and leg room.   :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

OK, what were you doing in a Beetle?

GJ

Fins

One of my buds is manager at the local VW/Mazda/Kia dealer. If I'm there and he's doing an appraisal, I go for the ride with him. They really are spacious inside. But there's no way I would own one.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

This Eldo is certainly not for someone that is just going to drive it and use it as a daily driver. If they could kill an '83 Cutlass, this car would not last long. It's not just the maintenance required on the drive train, but all the other systems that have to be kept working. It's that sort of use that killed a lot of these cars once they got into used car territory. Folk bought them praising all the luxury and status, then proceeded to drive them into the ground. The little things that go wrong at first are not kept after, then before long the car turns into a bonafide shitbox where nothing works right.

Mike