News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

69 Fleetwood

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

When you go to the website, scroll down the pics on the left side till you see the Fleetwood.
Got this info from another list:

I am somewhat surprised at the number of Fleetwoods still on the road considering the likelihood they got more hard use in commercial service.

A member of my Savanna Classic Car Club has a beauty he has owned for several years but he has lost storage space and has had to decide whether to sell his '55 Morgan or the Fleetwood.

Since the Morgan takes up less than half the space the Fleetwood (reluctantly) is on the market for a very low $3000.

Measured by the pound this must be a bargain. Photos are at

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23718492

I saw it tonight at a car show and it has some bubbling across the bottom of the trunk door and scratches here and there in the paint otherwise seems like a nice car. It certainly runs well.

Seems to me Roy said the engine is a 472..quite a bit bigger than the 425 in my PacaLac. I would guess the Fleetwood is heavier than the Packard which lost weight when the old Packard straight eight 327 was replaced with the lighter 425.

If anyone is interested in the FW (most assuredly USA Made?) pls let me know.

davegreenberg1@juno.com

David Lee Greenberg
1949 Packard/Cadillac
Port St Lucie, FL
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

ST Dog

QuoteSeems to me Roy said the engine is a 472..quite a bit bigger than the 425 in my PacaLac. I would guess the Fleetwood is heavier than the Packard which lost weight when the old Packard straight eight 327 was replaced with the lighter 425.

Not a big difference in the weight of a 472 v/s a 425.

I don't know what the Packard in question weighs but the Fleetwood weight is easy enough to find.
I suspect the Packard would be heavier though.

Keeper

Looks like another gift at $3k.Great analagy doller per pound!My buddies dad
used to say that kinda stuff.He would lift the car by the bumper and say how
much it was worth in materials.It would cost 90k in work and material to try to
manufacture something like a 60's Cadillac now or even more.The only actual
metal of any kind on a late model car is the seat belt ends and the seat rails.
Even the shift is plastic now.Hell, the glass on my radio is GLASS. :SoapBox:

Xris

Is this the model with the fold down seats ,behind the front seat ?

xris

Fins

Quote from: Xris on November 18, 2011, 06:23:39 AM
Is this the model with the fold down seats ,behind the front seat ?

xris

No. That would be the Series 75 model. This is just a plain Fleetwood.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on November 18, 2011, 08:17:26 AM
This is just a plain Fleetwood.

Doesn't the 60 series have rear foot rests?

guidematic

I think only the Fleetwood Brougham has the footrests. They also had the picnic tables up until '68. One feature I wish they had kept.

Mike