News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1974 Fleetwood Talisman -- 54k miles -- Asking $13,500

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman – Rare car – Less than 2,000 built in 1974  – 54,000 miles – Factory installed sunroof, which operates smoothly – Functioning radio 8-track – Front and rear center console with bucket seats –

One of two that were ordered from David Cadillac in Lockport, NY for key employees by Emil VanDungan Co. and then gifted to the retiring CEO, Chester Baron, in Dec. 1974 –

Regularly driven from 1974-1978 when it was then barn stored on the family farm – Current owner bought the car at the original owner's family auction where it was being stored with the understanding that it had a new battery, new tires, new OEM factory exhaust and radiator –

Talisman is roadworthy as it was driven 40 miles from the auction site to current owner's home (cruise control was not engaging but it is believed to be a cable) – Was then driven 228 miles on the NY State Thruway & Rte. I-81 N to Iroquois Island –

Has some surface rust on the right passenger door skin (see picture) but no rust on chassis – Original keys, owner's manual, and two service manuals are also available –

Asking $13,500 – For more information, contact Kelly at  pkellygriffin@comcast.net, 202-683-0272 (cell) or Dennis at 716-861-0196 (cell) – Car is located in upstate New York

follow link for many pictures:  
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/buy-sell/fs-1974-fleetwood-talisman-54k-miles-asking-$13-500/msg194343/#msg194343
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Did Stevie Wonder come up with the color combination on this one? Or Ray Charles.   :puke: :puke: :puke:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Ueahg, No sense mentioning the quick-N-crummy repaiint over rust, huh?
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

davecdv

Quote from: Fins on November 26, 2011, 02:06:40 PM
Did Stevie Wonder come up with the color combination on this one? Or Ray Charles.   :puke: :puke: :puke:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :eeew: :eeew: :eeew:

trvlr480

That is quite a fugly color.  People who buy cars like that usually just want a project/toy and can afford to play with it.  If I had a bunch of extra cash lying around I could see buying it (for less than he's asking) knowing full well it needs a complete strip and repaint.  There's no doubt a pretty good amount of rust is hidden underneath that cheapie paint job.  Then the mechanical work would start.  I'm sure it would need that as well.

You could probably buy that car for $8000 and buy the time you're done have about $40,000 in it while having one of the coolest cars around.  Bad investment but a nice toy.

Carfreak

Otto likes yellow cars.  And the headlights are cheap. 

guidematic

That is just putrid! It does scream 1974, thiugh.

Mike

ST Dog

Quote from: Denrep on November 26, 2011, 02:19:48 PM
Ueahg, No sense mentioning the quick-N-crummy repaiint over rust, huh?

What make you say is a repaint instead of just the rust bubbling through old paint?

I didn't see any of the normal signs of a repaint. Just bad lighting/exposures causing the color to shift from pic to pic.

Quote from: CarFreak on November 26, 2011, 01:58:53 PM
follow link for many pictures: 
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/buy-sell/fs-1974-fleetwood-talisman-54k-miles-asking-$13-500/msg194343/#msg194343

That link is all screwed up. That's not the way SMF works. (no surprise the link doesn't work)

This is what a SMF thread link looks like
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php?topic=117369.0

And this is a link to a specific message
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php?topic=117369.msg194343#msg194343

Dr.John

I would strip it down paint it black. I found out at the GN they don't deduct points for color change, but you better have a delco batt... But for da money I'll take the crystal blue firemist... :yes:

guidematic

Really? You can change the colour? Yet they deduct points for pretty much anything else. Now a colour change is a modification in the extreme in my books.

But I too would change the colour. With that interior you could paint it damned near any colour you wanted.

Mike

Carfreak

Supposedly, 'as long as it is a color that was offered by Cadillac'.

guidematic

I find that amusing. What are their reasond for allowing it?

Mike

Carfreak

Reason?   :rotfl:   

Oh gawd, don't get me started.   :tapedshut:

Dr.John

Now your askin to open pandora's box Mike...  :no rules: :rotfl: :ha ha: I'm sure cadillac offers black in 1974 but I do love the interior... :yeah baby:

guidematic

Quote from: CarFreak on December 10, 2011, 01:31:35 AM
Reason?   :rotfl:   

Oh gawd, don't get me started.   :tapedshut:

I think you'd have to open another discussion board to cover that one.

Mike