News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wondering if this is 1956 heater control valve?

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

I received these pictures of a valve I inquired about stating it was from a 1956 Cadillac. The jpg reads 57 so now I am having my doubts? Any help on this one?
Thanks!
Chuck

Carfreak

Quote from: carguyblack on December 08, 2011, 03:11:53 AM

Any help on this one?

Drive your car on warm days when you don't need the heater.   ;D
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

JAG56Cad

Quote from: CarFreak on December 08, 2011, 03:21:56 AM
Drive your car on warm days when you don't need the heater.   ;D

Chuck,

Contrary to CF suggestion, you need to drive on all seasons..!  :rotfl:

The MPL shows a different part for the 1956 and 1957. That one looks like a '56 type, others with a '57 may validate if it is a 1957 or not.

Good luck..!

carguyblack

Apparently, the former owner was of like mind. The valve and the heater cores were bypassed altogether. I'm not in Memphis anymore (where the car was from) and in Michigan it gets slightly cool on occasion.
Chuck

guidematic

On those cool mornings and evenings in the spring and fall, it's nice to have a heater.

Mike

Fins

What about those blistering cold mornings in the winter. Is A/C better?   :pot:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

In that case, the AC will actually warm the car.  :yes:

Mike

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.