News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

58 heads

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

Quote from: CarFreak on February 16, 2012, 04:42:31 AM

A friend has several heads I could check for you. 

Does he have a side job at the freakshow in the circus?   :LOL:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

31modelo

casting numbers 3632150 3632151

Denrep

Well... those are the same casting numbers as CF's '58-'63 part numbers in reply #7.  :scratchhead:  :read:

But... I still say that '63 heads can't be in the same club as '58-'62.

Pyro's on now. Maybe we'll hear from him soon.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Russ

My factory parts manual shows 63 heads will work. I offered. 
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Denrep

Ueagh but Pyro, you know a '63 head and its radiused corners when you see it... how could that same cover possibly swap with '62-down head and its rectangle shape?

Carfreak

In this case, part # different than casting number.

Found another decent listing online in a book called Ultimate American V8 Engine Data Book  

Denrep

That settles the cover-fit issue.
Now we need a gander at the chambers.  :chin:

Carfreak

Will this work for ya? 

Denrep

Quote from: CarFreak on February 17, 2012, 04:47:02 AM
Will this work for ya? 

I'd think that 31modelo's looking for a smaller chamber.  :chin:

31modelo

The books clump them together, but 59-62 had a 76 cc and 58's had a 72.83 cc. I have 6 sets of 390's and 2 sets of 55 331's. I'm just seeing if I can find a set for this engine that I'm building.

Fins

Shaving .005-.010 off of the heads and the deck will give you what you are looking for. Plus give you an assure good mating surface for the gasket./

Reading this thread, I'm sure you can see that we like to joke. But we know our shit. Join in and have some fun. Take a little break from life as it is.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

Are we talking about 2 different animals here?  Im talking heads, and your talking valve covers.   I'm feeling fiesty, as I just told my financial guy to go removed himself, and cancel all my accounts.  :banana:

BTW, I've been drinking, so who wants some?? :bang: :bang:
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Gary

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.