News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Link to '59 pics

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Did the Jones brothets grow up in the same house?   ???
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

EXCRUISERGUY

Yup, maybe he watched it at a friends house with a giant TV tower?
We only got one channel CKNX in Wingham.
Lots of quality programing there, Circle 8 Ranch, Tommy Hunter, Lawrence Welk, Reach for the Top, Hee Haww and more hockey than anyone should ever have to endure.
Needles to say we didn't watch much TV at all.

GJ

Fins

:hijack:  :idea:  :happens:  :but:  When we were kids you didn't want to stay in the house. You wanted to get out before Mom found you some housework or some other chore to do. It was much more fun to go out into the fields and make a Fort, or build a mini-bike or a go-cart.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on April 26, 2012, 07:25:04 AM
Ueah, but I beat them to it. The scary part is, it would be a normal conversation to them.

Why is that scary?

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on April 26, 2012, 07:18:03 AM
That lot's got "Otto" and/or "ST" written all over it... :Muttley:

It's pretty straight forward. I think even Fins could follow it if he tried.
He might need to look up a few terms here or there.

Oh, it's about 4.37 light years (25.8 trillion miles) away.
(well the center of the binary system anyway)

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on April 26, 2012, 03:23:55 PM
When we were kids you didn't want to stay in the house. You wanted to get out before Mom found you some housework or some other chore to do. It was much more fun to go out into the fields and make a Fort, or build a mini-bike or a go-cart.

Except you had to be in before it got dark, and most of the shows were on after dark.

Of course you watched what mom and dad wanted to see, or you didn't watch.

guidematic

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on April 26, 2012, 03:08:00 PM
Yup, maybe he watched it at a friends house with a giant TV tower?
We only got one channel CKNX in Wingham.
Lots of quality programing there, Circle 8 Ranch, Tommy Hunter, Lawrence Welk, Reach for the Top, Hee Haww and more hockey than anyone should ever have to endure.
Needles to say we didn't watch much TV at all.

GJ

We moved to Lucknow in April 1969. How old was I and where did we move from?

Mike

Gary

Quote from: ST Dog on April 26, 2012, 05:26:15 PM
Quote from: Fins on April 26, 2012, 03:23:55 PM
When we were kids you didn't want to stay in the house. You wanted to get out before Mom found you some housework or some other chore to do. It was much more fun to go out into the fields and make a Fort, or build a mini-bike or a go-cart.

Except you had to be in before it got dark, and most of the shows were on after dark.

Of course you watched what mom and dad wanted to see, or you didn't watch.

Exactly why I, too, had to suffer thru Laurence Welk.
And the kids were the analog version of the remote control : "Son, flip that thing over to channel 2, Ed Sullivan's comin' on".

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: guidematic on April 26, 2012, 07:13:34 PM

We moved to Lucknow in April 1969. How old was I and where did we move from?

Is that a trick question? :icon_OO: :pot:

GJ

guidematic

No. I didn't think it was.

Mike

Carfreak

Thank goodness dad was a tv repairman so we always had at least one extra tv around the house.

While you're up changing the channel don't forget to rotate the tv antenna.  

Bonus, our antenna was mounted 70' up in the air on the ham tower so we always enjoyed extra channels from Ohio & Canada.    
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.