News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Another dodgy Floridian.......

Previous topic - Next topic

DownUnderDeville

Check the pics of the right-hand front door and pillar on this '76 (pics with the RHF door open). :chin: :scratchhead: They appear to be from different cars????? Or an inadvertent "before and after" ??

And the ill-fitting RH headlight panel.

And the RH side of the hood (sits too low).

And the crap spruce job in the engine bay, underside etc.

And the non-original spare rim.

And the overspray on the bootlid catch.

And the peeling of the "wood" dash applique.

Or maybe I'm just too fussy...... :chin:

Have I missed anything?

eBay ad - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Very-rare-just-50222-original-miles-1976-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Brougham-sweet-/120897211598?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c26090cce

Fins

Good eye DuD. You were studying it for a while. But maybe not so much as the crappy underhood treatment.

That '76 Eldorado I had looked the same way. It had rustproofing sprayed everywhere. It plugged up the drains in the doors, the roof drains and it was just a damn mess to make things look good. Ziebart was the application providor. See all of the plugs in the door openings? He never shot pics of the undersides of the doors, where you would see them there too.

The rear fillers have no chrome on them, the passenger side seat control is exposed, the 'B' piller on the drivers side has the trim panel not fitting right and the welting under the panel. Probably lots more if you saw it in person.

The spare might be one of the space savers. That year came with that type. But you would have to flip it over to tell for sure.

In defense of the seller, one of my fishing buddies and I have been to his lot many times and he seems to put out a good solid product. He picks up one or two that are not really up to his normal standards, but he'll price them to move too. For the most part, he sells good quality cars.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

He has several cars on Ebay at any one time. Every one that has underside shots looks to have had a good, thick coat of black goop and the silver spraypaint treatment on the exhaust. That kinda turns me off.

Xris

Looks nice from afar though .

Xris

guidematic

Looks good from afar, but far from good.

Mike