News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1923 Dodge

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Other-Pickups-1-ton-Blown-426-Hemi-Firetruck-1923-Dodge-Graham-/150810718983?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item231d04f307#v4-42

Starting bid $100k 'Reserve Not Met'? 

Blown 426 Hemi powered 1923 Dodge Graham Brothers Firetruck
Originally was a firetruck (chemical)
Purchased from Khiva Shriners in Oklahoma - they were using it for a "paddy wagon"
She needed a little more horsepower (800hp) than the little 4 cylinder it had
So a rebuilt 1966 426 Hemi engine was grafted in
Zoomies (non-functional) but don't they look cool...
727 Automatic trans w/ stall converter
Original frame, powdercoated
Custom made Intro wheels
Stainless steel polished roll bar
Six point harness seat belts
Late model 3/4 ton truck rearend w/ 410 gears
Front axle 1950 model pickup w/ disc brake set-up
Power brakes w/ front proportioning valve
Dual radiators (front & rear) Rear radiator is hidden under hose load
Hidden jump seat for passengers also foot operated warning bell in jump seat compartment
Period correct hand crank siren
Warning horn
10" chrome fire bell
Various fire nozzles, valves, tools, and appliances to complement the look of the truck
Drives straight, stops straight, included at no extra charge....Armstrong steering
Stress crack in paint under right zoomie, not visible unless you're really looking for it
This truck draws a crowd EVERYWHERE it goes -- award winning @ shows, seen in Good Guys mag
Not for the faint of heart...
Truck has approximately 450 miles on it and a BLAST to drive !
Can be seen on You Tube -- key words:  Engine 426 Hot Rod Fire Truck 1923 Dodge
Delivery by seller available & nIce 24' Enclosed Car Hauler available

More pics including build:  http://youtu.be/KN2TSjHFnWA
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Denrep

Ueagh, nice build.

To each his own, but it's probably not the powerplant I'd spec.
Who'd wanna put up with that miserable fussy noisy hot mill when you're just trying to idle around and have a little parade and cruising pleasure?
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

EXCRUISERGUY

You wouldn't have to worry about telling a cop where the fire is. :LOL:
Quote from: Denrep on May 08, 2012, 01:45:34 AM

Who'd wanna put up with that miserable fussy noisy hot mill when you're just trying to idle around and have a little parade and cruising pleasure?

I could put up with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHqVcKpIjI

GJ

guidematic

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on May 08, 2012, 04:18:50 PM

I wouldn't.

Mike

Sure you would. It wouldn't put out any more heat than a BBC/SBC, or a Cadillac. Or even a 460 pig for that matter.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Ueah, maybe. But they shake, rattle, bang and burn out your eyes. Hardly the epitome of refinement.

Mike

Fins

What? A 426? Naaaaaaaahhhhhh. That's a bad ass motor there. Done right, they are pretty hard to contend with. And they'll match weight with the Caddy of the days too.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

A stone stock 426 was bad ass, but they were cammed up a bit and were very difficult to keep in tune. And I bet that 426 was far from stock spec. That blower pretty much dictates it. Big cam makes it run really bad a slow speeds burning out everyone's eyes within 30 feet.

I see these things at car shows all the time. Barely able to keep them running at the speeds required within the show feild. Then when they shut them down, they puke coolant out all over the place. Then when it comes time to leave, everyone but the little boys scramble holding their eyes as he spends 15 minutes trying to get it warm enough to run.

Mike

Fins

Someone sending you pics of me at the local cruise in Mike?.

There is a whole row of these guys there every week. Most are pretty much stock, but you called them perfectly.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

:LOL:

Naw, that seems to be the common element at pretty much any cruise. And for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want a car like that let alone spend all the big bucks to get one.

One thing that really bothers me too. As much as muscle cars seem to be the amoeba in the petrie dish these days, I'll see a beautifully restored or lovely original whatever. But then it runs so badly because of asinine engine mods that the guy can barely keep it running. These cars never ran like that. Maybe the odd engine had a bit of a lope, like a Pontiac Ram Air IV or a Hemi, but most all had a nice even refined idle. If a guy goes to such lengths to restore a car to original, why do they ruin it all with a ridiculously over modified engine?

Mike

Gary

If a guy goes to such lengths to restore a car to original, why do they ruin it all with a ridiculously over modified engine?

Ego trip.

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

guidematic