News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

One Big Ass OTR Truck

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Geoff

;D  Sleeper??  That's a small house!
Geoff
:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

DownUnderDeville

Fins

All of that glory. And the dumb-ass original buyer mounts it all on a friggin 'AntEater'. Put that behind a Pete 379 Hood, and you're doing business. Either that or a Premium Western Star.

Friggin rookies. I'll show them all how to build a truck. With an 18 and 3:36's it's only good for 115 mph. Shoulda speced 3:08's. 132 mph.   ;D
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

madcaddyman

Quote from: Fins on May 19, 2012, 05:26:42 AM
Friggin rookies. I'll show them all how to build a truck. With an 18 and 3:36's it's only good for 115 mph. Shoulda speced 3:08's. 132 mph.   ;D

:yikes:

Rene

Fins

:yes:  With a .63:1 double overdrive and 3.08:1 rears, that would be the capabilities.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

And what kind of power would be required to push that block through the air at that speed?

Mike

Fins

A 16 Litre 600hp Cat should do the job real nicely.   :trucker:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

I think it would take more than that to push all that air out of the way. However 90 mph would be quite attainable.

Mike

Fins

I had that set up in my truck, just a smaller emgine. 15 litre 550hp. The Pete speedometer went to 80mph. Coming across US 50 in Nevada, I brought to 80, then past that to the 0 digit, then caught 18th and pushed it up to the 20 mph mark.

So, looking at the distance in between the numbers on the gauge and I figure it was a solid 120 mph, and still had 400 rpm to go. On US 50, you come down one mountain on a straight away, go across the desert floor and look at the up side of another mountain.

Like a perfectly straight 25 mile stretch of absolutely nothing.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

A few pics of past trucks. The Cabovers were company trucks. The black 85 Flattop and the 97 Platinum long hoods were mine.
Dark Blue COE was a 3406B 400 with a 13 speed.
Light Blue COE was a DD 8V92 435 with a 13 speed.
Black hood 3406B 425 with a 15 over.
Platinum hood 15 litre 550 18 double over with the XH pattern and 3.08:1.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

madcaddyman

WOW...you just became more interesting to me!

Rene

Fins

Quote from: madcaddyman on May 23, 2012, 01:49:35 AM
WOW...you just became more interesting to me!

Rene

:yikes:  I'm not quite sure how to take that one.   :Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

madcaddyman

As a kid I always liked the look of the cabovers but must admit I have no idea the difference in drive-ability between the two?

Rene