News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

2013 Dart - CHEAP!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

1 owner, low miles...
Rochester, an affluent area very, very close to Auburn Hills; Chrysler's Headquarters
  :chin:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/BREAKING-16-year-old-flips-car-crashes-into-garage-of-Rochester-Hills-home/-/1719418/15218690/-/ssynrqz/-/index.html

They've barely made it to dealer lots, but it appears an intoxicated 16 year old has already managed to crash a 2013 Dodge Dart into a house in Rochester Hills, Mi.

The crash occurred early this morning after the male driver lost control of the car while traveling at a high rate of speed. According to ClickonDetroit.com the car "hit a large landscaping boulder and then flipped over and crashed into the attached garage of a residence." Two unidentified vehicles parked in the garage were also damaged in the crash.

All five teenage occupants attempted to flee the scene of the accident. One occupant collapsed at the rear of the destroyed Dart while the driver managed to make it a few houses away before passing out. The other three occupants of the vehicle were able to get away from the scene. Both the driver and the collapsing passenger are now listed in stable condition.

Rather unsurprisingly alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash. Still there is an obvious question left to be answered—How did this 16 year old get their hands on a vehicle that hasn't officially arrived on dealer lots yet?  Chrysler spokesman Ralph Kisel told the Detroit Free Press this past week the first 250 examples of the compact Dodge arrived in the Great Lakes region on Wednesday. Under four days later one of those cars is already an insurance write-off.

Because there is no mention made of the car being stolen, we're left to assume the young driver of this Dart was somehow related to a Dodge dealer in the area who's currently having a very bad day.

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

DownUnderDeville

Sounds to me like it was the kid's car too. Bet mummy and daddy are real proud now.

Fins

It sounds to me like something I did as a kid. We just took the keys off of the counter and went for a ride while mommy and daddy slept. Only we weren't drunk back then. We were stoners.  :smoke:

Stoners don't wreck cars, we just cruise nice and slow hoping to pick up on some girls, because we had a car.   :doh:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

That poor little bastard will be riding his bike for a while.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Carfreak

Poor little bastard?!?! 

More like spoiled prick arrogant kid, has no respect for his or anyone else's belongings, safety, etc.  Ran like a pussy after the accident. 

EZ

I just went to the "unveiling" of ther new Dart last week in Atlanta for the S.E. Region.
Pretty cool car.  Turbo is standard.  Lots of HP.  I think it'll sell.  Must have been too much
HP for the kid................... :speechless:

Carfreak

Found out the other day the garage that got hit was down the street from firetruck club friends.  He's the pro photog that I've posted a couple of his pics, most recently a cool one of Pierce.  He was on the spot when the accident occurred and the news bought some of his pics, including ones I showed above.   :rockon:

EZ

We haven't even gotten any of the Darts on our lot yet....................
Somebody @ Chrysler is in trouble!