News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1970 Convertible

Previous topic - Next topic

trvlr480

That would be a nice project for someone with the money and the time.

Fins

And when you see it, ask why it has a '69 grille, hood and bumper. The only thing '70 about that front end is the turn signal.

Why do C/L advertizers put such lame pictures up?   :chin:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Quote from: trvlr480 on June 25, 2012, 02:47:47 AM
That would be a nice project for someone with the money and the time.

Shoot, it's ready-to-ride, ain't it?

Seems fair enough, don't it?  :chin:

...especially  if the 'terior isn't brown.  
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Carfreak

Do all 4 tires come with a full complement of oxygen / hydrogen mixture?
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Gary

Keeper
let us know what you find and please take some more (and better) pics.

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

guidematic

For $3k I think it's at least worth a look see, and find out why there is that '69 grill and hood on there.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I think it's sound like a good deal, but I bet you your in for a surprise when you get there .
1970 Coupe Devile

Fins

The trick will be to get him to go. Y'all want too much now.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Not me. Here, a car like that if it were solid would be gone the day it was posted.

Mike

Fins

He was here last night at 8:30. He's avoiding 'talking' now.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

So far just from the crappy pics, it needs a top, tires at least one fender skirt, either the correct hood, grille and bumper, or the correct turn signals and tail lights for a 69.

So just to walk up and buy the car, you would need to lay out $6000 for the car and the registration, which is now a $500 fee just to add a vehicle to your collection.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

The big thing would be shipping it here. Then you'd have to have it go through a safety inspection to get a "Fit" ownership. That would entail fixing all those things that are listed in the inspection that are not up to standard. But it's not nearly as anal as those in AU or NZ. Add vintage car insurance for $100 and you're good to go.

Then of coarse are the requisit taxes.

But for the sum of $5-6,000 it would be on the road. A car like that goes for at least that amount here.

Mike

Keeper

Ok,I did talk briefly with the guy.He says its a 70 and listed it for the old guy.I feel from
the photos only,it was worth a look.I will never buy another car to fix up.It would be used
as is,like mine is now.Restoration in my opinion only would be worth it on a Mopar.Know
what I mean?Its kinda close but one of my guys up and quit and moved to TAMPA!!I have
been covering all shifts.

Fins

A '70 that was in a pretty bad crash and cobbled together with '69 parts. No thank you.

And Mopars are just as big a rust bucket as Cadillac was in those years. And unless they have the 426 Hemi or 440, they are just another old car.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631