News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Just Like Frank's

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

man that's a nice sounding car.   You'll have to take me for a ride in it some day.

Fins

Better get it now while you are in your 3 days of summer.   :Muttley:  The other 362 days, it's in storage.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

I was hoping to see it at the car show at the end of the month.  But I just found out that I may not even be able to go!! :curse:

We'll have to see how it pans out,  Why does everything always have to be on the same damned weekend.

guidematic

Quote from: Jon on August 01, 2012, 03:24:57 PM
man that's a nice sounding car.   You'll have to take me for a ride in it some day.

That I will. I really want to get it out for a weekend befopre the show anyway.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: Jon on August 01, 2012, 03:56:34 PM
I was hoping to see it at the car show at the end of the month.  But I just found out that I may not even be able to go!! :curse:

We'll have to see how it pans out,  Why does everything always have to be on the same damned weekend.

We know where your priorities lie.   :pot: :pot:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

I made the mistake of promising my wife that cars wouldn't interrupt our normal life when I wanted to buy the Caddy.  Then again when I bought the Wildcat.

Gary

"...wouldn't interrupt our normal life..."
Jon
it was Slick Willie who said "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is".
So, it depends on what your definition of "normal" is.
Ya gotta help her understand that car shows, cruise-ins, and concours are "normal".
Then again, I don't have to live with her. :pot:

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Tailfin Joe

What is considered a "normal life" ???
1970 Coupe Devile

Carfreak

Quote from: Gary on August 02, 2012, 01:12:55 AM

So, it depends on what your definition of "normal" is.
Ya gotta help her understand that car shows, cruise-ins, and concours are "normal".

And club meetings, fire musters, WWII events.    :yes:

Many years ago our daughter asked if we've ever gone on vacation that didn't involve (vintage) cars in one way or another. 

No.   Why would we want to do that?   :No:

There's always a junk yard or vintage car dealer, museum, show, cruise night to be found - if even for just an hour.   :rockon:

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Normal? What's that? I have no idea.  :scratchhead: Whatever it is, I've never done it, or been it.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

Mike, when you did the video with the 70 how fast were you going ?? , that has the 140 mph speedo correct?
1970 Coupe Devile

Jon

Normal is whatever she tells me it is.  Isn't it?

I've made it out to a couple shows this year, so I'm not getting totally cock blocked.  But it so happens that there are 2 other things (big events organized by other people) that were recently announced to be on the same weekend as our show. We had planned on going to these long before I became a CISO member.  I still hold out the dream that I'll be able to duck away for a few hours to go to the show.

Gary

Normal is whatever she tells me it is.  Isn't it?

I understand.
A wise man once said , "Happy Wife, Happy Life".

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

guidematic

Quote from: Tailfin Joe on August 02, 2012, 12:10:25 PM
Mike, when you did the video with the 70 how fast were you going ?? , that has the 140 mph speedo correct?

120 MPH speedo. Look at the speedo, I won't incriminate myself.   :No:

Mike