News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

'73 Coupe deVille parts.

Previous topic - Next topic

Denrep

Is that what it jives with, Buick?
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Not 100% sur, but looky at it. Pont and Chev were short and squatty, with a wide font to the numerals. I'm looking at a Motor Repair manual. Not the best source of info, but it has pics to it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Quote from: Denrep on December 06, 2012, 02:16:28 AM
How much is that today? $1500.00  :doh:  :rotfl:  

Sorry Charlie, try over $1600.00 !  :yikes:

Quote from: http://stats.areppim.com
Your US Dollar Conversion:

Thursday, 6 December 2012

The deflator index for 1973 is 28.136 and for 2012 it is 115.167 (US Dollar Implicit Price Deflators for Gross Domestic Product 1929-2012, 2005=100, BEA). It follows that, with numbers rounded to two decimals:

400.00 US Dollars of 1973 are worth 1,637.29 US Dollars of 2012.

:whoo-hoo:  If that won't buy some double Martini lunches :ha ha:  :rotfl:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

OMG. Denrep's been hangin' with the Engineers too long.   :yikes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: EZ on July 18, 2011, 01:24:17 AM
Dude.  The Engineers in the group never sleep.  They stay awake at night fact checking everything you write so they can correct you on every detail.  :shh:  It's futile to resist.  Just accept the fact that there are some people so anal that everything has to be correct..........even on an old Cadillac forum with 400 cartoon emoticons at the top.

(I'm waiting to see which one actually counts the emoticons......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

And I bet you still get as big a thrill by sticking your finger in the dial as you did back in the early 70's when they first came out. Right?

Mike

Fins

How did you know?  :chin:  That was one of the first things I did with the Eldorado. Stick my finger in the tape deck.   :taz:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Jon

I could make some comment to you two about ages and newfangled inventions.  But I think you've already figured it out.
Let me guess you did the same with VCR's?
:hive:

guidematic

:yes:

And can you imagine the disappointment with the advent of CD players?

Now all we need is a pic of Denrep sticking his finger in an 8-track player.

Mike

Jon

Since cartridge receiving equipment (8 track, cassette, VCR, Nintendo...) was all around us when I came into the picture,  it didn't seem fancy or special.  But when CD's came out and you had this little tray that would slide out and present you with a place to put your disk,  now that was fun to play with!

Fins

Quote from: Jon on December 06, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
I could make some comment to you two about ages and newfangled inventions.  But I think you've already figured it out.
Let me guess you did the same with VCR's?
:hive:

:yes:   :finger2:   :hi:

Quote from: Jon on December 06, 2012, 02:21:08 PM
Since cartridge receiving equipment (8 track, cassette, VCR, Nintendo...) was all around us when I came into the picture,  it didn't seem fancy or special.  But when CD's came out and you had this little tray that would slide out and present you with a place to put your disk,  now that was fun to play with!

Disc? Disc? What disc?  :scratchhead:  I thought that was a cocktail holder.   ;D
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Geoff

Well, there goes my parts thread all shot to hell.   :icon_OO:

:Muttley:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Jon

Well, I might as well change the direction again.
Hey Mike,  I was wondering when would be a good time to sit down at pick your brain over a couple beers. I've been approached by GM and I have a few things I want to figure out about the official GM repair side of things.

guidematic

Well, I'll be away this weekend, last weekend at the cabin before the grounds close up for a couple of months. If you want to trek there, it would be a good place to sit and chat....

I'll be home next weekend, though. E-mail me and we can set something up.

Mike