News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

NOS

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

I wonder if they run them in from the factory with no load on them.

It's a shame this engine sat so long. Maybe if you spun up the oil pressure a few times, let it sit, then ran it around a few hundred times before putting a load to it with plugs and power hooked up.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

Some of the documentation I have says they were all turned by hand with a stethescope in their ears and if any strange noise they were rejected.

Fins

You're out of my league now.  :scratchhead:  I don't study cars, I have fun with them.  :whoo-hoo:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

I been obsessed with this since I was a 16 year old punk in my dads 70 Eldo.

Denrep

I dunno.  :chin:

But for  two grand we o'ta get a few more detail pics.

Front cover?
Oil pump?
A glance in the valley?

Crankshaft cork?  :rotfl:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Quote from: Keeper on March 11, 2013, 04:28:37 AM
I been obsessed with this since I was a 16 year old punk in my dads 70 Eldo.

When I was a 16 year old punk I was obsessed with the 'Y'.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

EXCRUISERGUY

More like dining at the Y. :eating: :Muttley:

GJ

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Gary

[/quote]

When I was a 16 year old punk I was obsessed with the 'Y'.
[/quote]

Ahhh, those Golden Arches.

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Tailfin Joe

Nice place to hold a Misfits cruise in ,and look at the up and coming   late models and  compare the "hard body " designs of today.
1970 Coupe Devile