News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Got 3 million burning a hole in your pocket?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I really like the car next to it in the pics from the second link.
Anyone know what it is?

Fins

3 Mil??  :yikes: :LOL: :rotfl:  No, I didn't click both links. No time right now. But still......

Otto will know what it is.

And 3 Mil to burn a hole in my pocket?  :No: Hell, $20 does that.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Tailfin Joe

I wonder how I would act if I had 3ooo,ooo to burn ?, how fast would I go through the zeros ? , then all the temptations , good and bad ,a multimillion dollar Misfit, and then I would have to post : I now have 3 million to burn what should I do ? :rotfl:
1970 Coupe Devile

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

guidematic

Quote from: Jon on March 26, 2013, 06:29:45 PM
I really like the car next to it in the pics from the second link.
Anyone know what it is?

Bucciali.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucciali

Mike

guidematic

Quote from: Geoff on March 27, 2013, 01:36:35 AM
Here's another --- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-HEMI-CUDA-THE-1ST-EVER-HEMI-CUDA-/121086350437?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c314f1465
Buy it Now for $2.75 million and have enough left out of the $3 million to buy insurance for it.   :yes:

:pool:  

Odd. Pilot cars are usually loaded up examples. They do this to test the production techniques and add the options to test their fitment and train the line workers as to how they are installed. A quick glance shows many conspicuous absences. The cars are then released to the media pool for publicity. Some are sold off, some are destroyed.

Mike

Geoff

Agreed, but he seems to have the proof of what it is.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

guidematic

I'm not questioning it. I just found it a bit odd. But maybe the first in this case was primarily for the driveline and associated hardware while subsequent cars had a more basic driveline, but were better optioned. The number of pilot cars varies year by year and model by model. These cars were known for their quite diverse list of options.

For example, I just read an article on the supposed first production Chevelle SS454 LS-6. It was a very well optioned car. It had just about every option available to the car. I think it was built December 6 1969. Mind you it was basically only the engine that differed from the less powerful LS-5 that had been produced since August 1969.

Mike