News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

550 Bulb

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

EZ

Sorry Geoff.  I have 795's, 797's, 890's 212's and a few others but no 550's.  :doh:

Geoff

Thanks for looking EZ.  Thank goodness for CF's stash --- and Pepsi!   ;D
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

mistertudball

Hi there!  (new here).  I've been looking for that #550 bulb for a week or so too and still need to try NAPA.  It's for a '73 Eldorado convertible map light and I can't believe it's this difficult to find one. 

Fins

Ueah, Geoff's was for the '73 Caribou. He had a hell of a time finding it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

They don't make them anymore and NAPA won't have one --- I hope you can prove me wrong.  You might try some of the salvage yards that specialize in late '60s, and '70s, GM cars.  GM used them in many if not all of their lines during that time frame but try to find one now!   :No:  I searched the internet for quite some time to no avail.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

guidematic

Mister Tudball, good to have you here! Welcome Aboard!  :hi:

But you picked an odd place for your first post.  :yes:

Mike

guidematic

Just occurred to me. How many of the boards can newbies see Fins? I know the For Sale board is the only one seen by guests.

Mike

Fins

It depends on the settings Mike. CF processed him, so I didn't look.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

mistertudball

I had posted about trying to find a #550 bulb on the Cadillac-Lasalle Club forum and was directed to this forum, which I was unaware of.  Hence my first post being here.

Dave

Geoff

Hmmm, I would have thought someone at the CLC forums would have one.  That was going to be my last resort.  Look for good used, new seems to be out of the question.  I would check some of the vendors on Otto's list over at the Modified Chapter --- http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/forum/index.php --- titled,    
NEW Huge List of Cadillac Parts Vendors

Currently the 5th topic down on the DISCUSSION page.

Good luck.

Actually, I'm still waiting for Denrep to find a box or two of new ones at one of the sales he goes to.   ;D

:pool:

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

guidematic

Quote from: Geoff on June 24, 2013, 01:23:46 PM

Actually, I'm still waiting for Denrep to find a box or two of new ones at one of the sales he goes to.   ;D

:pool:

Prolly any day now....

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Could the same bulb be in production under a different part #? :confused2:

Perhaps this site may be of some help.
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/550~general-electric.html

GJ

Geoff

Well, there you go!  Good find.  But $37 for a bulb about half the length of my little finger --- wow!   :No:

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Carfreak

Dave

You aren't anywhere near a salvage yard that might have some early 70s GM vehicles?  I have a book which lists salvage yards all over the US. 

I have one or two left but was saving them for our 'fleet' since we have a couple cars of the same era with the map light feature. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.