News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

550 Bulb

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Ueah, kind of delicate.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Carfreak

Quote from: mistertudball on June 26, 2013, 05:35:10 PM
Well THAT was dastardly!  I just checked RockAuto to find a link to the bulbs I bought, and clicked on the link to check on my order.  It said they didn't have the bulbs and canceled the order.  Good thing I didn't sit like a puppy dog watching my mailbox for weeks!  And the hunt goes on! 

tudball,

Did you ever get your bulb? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

mistertudball

Nope.  A guy from RockAuto left me a voicemail that they didn't actually carry #550s anymore because they had been discontinued, but they still had one left in a warehouse ... and did I want it?  YES!  But when it arrived it was a Wagner Heavy Duty Flasher unit, stock number BP550.   They refunded my money and don't want the flasher unit back (anyone need it?) so I'm still on the hunt.

Fins

Not sure if I'm correct on the flasher number, but the 550 was used for heavier applications or for trailer towing. The added trailer lights made the lighter weight flasher flash too fast.

The factory application for the '59 was to flash at 90 flashes per minute. The 550 makes it flash at 60 flashes per minute. But the more modern flasher makes both dash arrows flash. The exterior lights work correctly, just the dash light were wrong, whereas the factory unit lets everything work as intended.

Look at it MTB. Is it a 2 or 3 leg flasher
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

tud

I'll dig around tomorrow and see if I can find one for you.

EXCRUISERGUY

Maybe Mrs. HWiggins can find some. :Muttley:

mistertudball

Fins:  It's a three-prong flasher.

Car Freak:  Thanks for any help!

Excruiserguy:  Mrs. A'whiggans is actually my spousal unit's nickname.  Decades ago she filled in at my office as receptionist for a few days and her desk was right outside my office.  I heard a call come in that was for me, heard her put it on hold (those old phones with the light-up plastic buttons along the bottom) and she's trying to intercom me going "helloooooo hellooooo" and I said something like "Pusha da button, Mrs. A'Whiggans, push da button!"  The names stuck.

Russ

I'm confused. is this a bulb, or a flasher canister thats being discussed.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Geoff

A flasher canister now.   ;D
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

ST Dog

Quote from: pyro on July 06, 2013, 04:10:36 PM
I'm confused. is this a bulb, or a flasher canister thats being discussed.

Both.

RockAuto sent a 550 flasher unit instead of the bulb.

Fins

:hijack:  The bulb got boring, so we moved to flashers instead.  :rotfl:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Fins

Will you quit posting pics of me on the public forum?  :speechless:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Deb dared me to.   :icon_OO: