News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

fleetwood in MI

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I wish I was closer,  I'd go to see the car just to meet the seller.
http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/3922698010.html
I've decided to sell my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood, which works out pretty great for you since you really want to buy it. I dunno why you want it, but I know why I did. I bought this old boat in the first place for two reasons:

A) I have a boatload of kids..... and
2) It has all the right things wrong with it for me to make it into a totally bitchin, old-school cruiser.

The body and chrome are all straight and solid and it runs very nice. In anticipation of making it into a bitchin rod, I knew it'd need to sound bitchin too - so gave the exhaust a little attitude by removing the muffler to give it some rumble. It's not at obnoxious - but if you squint, you can probably see obnoxious from where it stands. I like it. You know it's there if you rev it up or give it some shoe, but there's no drone and you can have conversations, talk on the phone, and listen to the radio while you drive just fine.

My game plan? Let me paint the picture for you. MY game plan called for satin black paint with a red metalflake roof and a sick set of red metalflake flames off the hood and down the side of the car, all outlined with a fat ass white pinstripe. I was going to rock gloss red wheels with a chrome baby moon cap and a fat ass whitewall tire. For the metalflake - let me make it clear that when I say red metalflake, I don't mean metallic. I mean METAL removed FLAKE. Like "holy shit" flake. Like a 1970's bass boat, only MORE. When I say down the side of the car, I don't mean amateur hour where they stop at the door like a lazy chump. I mean down the WHOLE side of the car and the last tip of the last lick ALMOST kisses the tail light, but plays hard to get instead.

Obviously, your vision may be different. I also had visions of satin red, or satin lime green with green wheels and gloss green flames - but I was afraid those would look too gaudy. That was me and you're you. Maybe you think my vision sucks. Maybe you have your own, or maybe you have no vision for it at all and just want a cheap car to get to work in and wish I'd shut up already. Maybe you're like my 12 year old and you think I'm a giant bag of doosh for cutting the muffler off of a sweet old Cadillac. DON'T WORRY, FRIEND! I kept the muffler JUST FOR YOU!

Anyway, I looked for this year on purpose because (I'm about to drop a little Cadillac nerdapedia on you) 1993 is the only year of this body style that used the old truck 350 motors that both run forever and are stupid cheap to maintain, and this one only has 141k miles on it - so it's just barely broken in. The trans shifts smooth and it rides like a dream. Like it should. Like a Cadillac!

At some point, it was a southern car, so the paint is a little baked, and the dash is cracked from the heat - but I didn't care and I'm pricing it so you won't either. As a matter of fact, I was so unconcerned with the condition of the dash, I bolted a 5 1/2" Sun racing tachometer right through the friggin thing. Did it need a tach? Player, please. You know damn well it didn't - but it's there, it's wicked cool, and now you can tell your rpm's LIKE A BOSS!

The car had been sitting for a minute when I bought it - and as much as I don't mind a car looking like it's owned by the king of the trailer park - it has to be right mechanically or my boatload of kids can't ride in it. Period. Right off the bat, I went through it when I got it so it wouldn't give you or me any mechanical drama. It's got new rear brake lines, new tie rod ends, new front shocks, new fuel filter, new thermostat, new radiator cap, new plugs/wires/cap/rotor, and the AC has already been converted to 134a. It blows cool, but could use another can to blow COLD. Bottom line is, there's no way in hell this thing is going to "nipple and dime" you to death. It's all tuned up and worry free. Yes, I know it's supposed to be "nickle", but if I'd have done it right, you wouldn't have mouthed the word "nipple". Twice now actually.

Is it otherwise "perfect"? Pffft. uhhhh NO. It's 20 years old and clearly not a garage queen. It's been used, but never abused. But despite it's character flaws from being used - I really do still dig the car and will hate to see it go. The ONLY reason I'm selling it and not continuing towards realizing my vision for the car is because I just inherited a low miles 1987 Fleetwood that's in awesome shape that I want to focus my attention on, but that was none of your business.

I'm asking $1,300 cash - or trade for either a decent and ROADWORTHY motorcycle or trade for something big, cool, and old that's not your wife. For the love of all things holy - NO projects, NO guns, NO audio equipment, NO weed, and NO alone time with your toothless and orally generous girlfriend/wife. Cash/bike/car. That's it.

If you'd like to come check it out, I'd love to show it to you (no homo). Please call me at 810-869-2356 and we'll finger it out. (also no homo)

Thanks,
John

EXCRUISERGUY

I don't think I could handle listening to him.
$1300 is giving it away though.

GJ

Fins

Creative lad. I'll give him that.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

davecdv

Yeah he`s certainly got a way with words. :yes: