News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Typo?

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Won't 75-8 parts ALL interchange?I think this is meant to say 78? Anyone who has had one of these Know where its leaking.Looks not too rusty and all black.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/4139035845.html

Still scanning the area for a 67-70 fender for my car.

Fins

He doesn't state where the fuel leak is. Front? Rear? Maybe the hoses off of the tank. Maybe the tank itself. Fuel line. Fuel rail to injectors is a real common area of this age.

I say 78 also. One of my favorite front ends with the E L D O R A D O  letters on the lip and the stainless trim on the hood. 79 was the downsized car. I'd say small, but the flak would be intolerable.

It would be a great winter beater up north.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

All my years in the snow were Great with studded snow tires on the front.I could have plowed driveways with my old 68.Up and Down steep hills were easily achieved as well.Fins,You don't think it is nice enough to save?Do you think its fuel injected?So can't be 75?

Denrep

Quote from: Fins on October 23, 2013, 06:04:48 PM
. . . It would be a great winter beater up north.

If it only had a heater.
:Muttley:

That tank seems  priced fair enough. . .

Looks like 400 in rubber  :chin:

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

guidematic

That car is too nice for a beater here. You don't see them driven everyday anymore here at all.

Ueah, the '79 was small compared to the '78, but the '78 was obese. Given dynamics, interior volume and aesthetics, it's hands down in favour of the '79 for me. Sometimes being big for the sake of being big isn't a good thing.

The real small Eldo was the '86-'91. But those cars especially with the 4.5 then the 4.9 were great driving cars. But they really had no back seat to speak of, really for all intents and purposes a 2-seater.

Mike