News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Factory Blue

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Fins

What's the electrical lead going down to the modulator area? An electrical kickdown?  :scratchhead:  That looks like a vacuum modulator to me. The 2 stage version.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Quote from: Keeper on October 24, 2013, 10:29:05 PM
( Factory Blue) Still on the exhaust ports

Ueagh, even the original ultra rare factory blue paint on the plug wires.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Carfreak

Yes, the brown is Fugly!!! A friend had one the same exterior color combo and it got changed to a slick top in that pretty gold.  Interior was tan so it looked good together.

Coincidentally my other half is at an event a stone's throw from the seller's (Gearhead Automotive) building tonight.  

Murray's Rears & Gears
When    Thursday October 24, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM EDT
Where   Classic and Exotic Service   2032 Heide,  Troy, MI 48084

The wonderful summer weather may be over but the great car events continue and I am happy to announce the next Rears & Gears!  The talented craftsmen at Classic and Exotic Service in Troy, MI are opening their doors to our gathering and welcoming us in.  Classic and Exotic are respected world-wide for their extensive restorations that puts even the most minute of details under scrutiny.  Their work on Duesenbergs, Packards, Bugattis, and Bentleys have won awards from Pebble Beach, St. John's, CCCA, to Amelia Island.  We'll get rare access to current projects including marques like  American Underslung, Cord, Peugeot, Maserati, Ferrari, Pierce Arrow, Hispano Suiza, Rolls Royce, a Tucker and more!

As if all of that isn't enough, we've got a full slate of interests and attractions for you to explore and enjoy.  The Detroit Bicycle Company will be on-hand to show us that fine craftsmanship resonates with them too. Aeromotive, the masters of fuel deliver and fuel systems will show us their latest products and provide all of the good advice you could want.  In case you want to drive fast, but don't have the wallet to back it up - Fastrac Exotics offers affordable hot laps in their Lamborghini and Ferrari.  They will tell us the when, where, and hows.  Or how about vehicles that only have one-wheel!  Kerry McClean, inventor, engineer, and out-of the-box thinker will show us a couple of his creations.  And look for DJ from Haggerty Insurance to answer more of your collector car insurance questions.

In the food and beverage department we now have our own Beer Ambassador!  Robert Vedder from Powers Distributing will be helping us to showcase some of Michigan's finest craft beers.  Our girlfriends from the Tilted Kilt will be back to serve us.  The newest food truck to join the maverick culinary adventure on the streets of Detroit is the Mean Weenie, it's the all-American favorite with a culinary twist.  They will make sure you get fed.

Don't worry, we will have prizes, surprises, and Jason from the Berkley Chop Shop , a full-service, contemporary hair cutter that honors the culture and tradition of the neighborhood barber shop is returning for your annual hair cut.

So circle, then underline Thursday October 24th on your calendar.  Everything kicks off at 6:00 at Classic and Exotic Service 2032 Heide, Troy, MI 48084

Registration is $25 per person prior to the event (online) or $30 at the door.  Invite a couple of friends and please provide a business card for entry.  Everyone looks forward to seeing you there!  Please click on the link below to register or RSVP - so we can make sure there is enough food, drinks, and to save 5 bucks!  For updates and the latest info find us on Facebook.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Quote from: Fins on October 24, 2013, 10:59:25 PM
What's the electrical lead going down to the modulator area? An electrical kickdown?  :scratchhead:  That looks like a vacuum modulator to me. The 2 stage version.

Am I missing something? I see only exterior pics of the car.

Mike

Jon

Underneath the big picture there is a bunch of little thumbnails.  Beside the thumbnails is a scroll bar,   if you scroll down you'll there are a lot more hidden thumbnails.

Denrep

:No: too graphic for Canadian viewers

Keeper

All 400 style trannys have electric kickdown and vacume modulators.The 65-7 sp had 2 ,one for the convertor angle and one for the kickdown...Car looks ok brown.

Otto Skorzeny

Aside from the color it's a beautiful car.  You should buy it as a spare, Keeper.

I wonder what the reserve is?

Fins

The color fits the era. The interior is a perfect color to paint the body any color you like.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Sorry, after that sweet $800.00 California car that nobody moved on,  :doh:
the Eldorado window-shopping moratorium is still in effect.  :rotfl:

guidematic

Looks like the tenderness of the Canadian eyes are now open to the voraciousness of unchecked American imagery.

That's a sweet car, and like Fins says, it's right for the era. If it were mine I wouldn't change a thing.

Mike

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: guidematic on October 26, 2013, 03:53:24 AM

Looks like the tenderness of the Canadian eyes are now open to the voraciousness of unchecked American imagery.

That's a sweet car, and like Fins says, it's right for the era. If it were mine I wouldn't change a thing.

Mike

:agree:

Carfreak

Same car, somebody had C.R. II go look at it for him. 

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=127764.0

Problem is, C.R. II is only a self proclaimed authority; doesn't know anything about paint, evidence of body repair, engines, etc. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

So...... ;D Do what's needed......

Mike