News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Some people insist on New!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

"The appraised value before the restoration was estimated between $26,000.00 - $32,000.00 due to the low miles and overall condition. This is what prompted the $100,000.00 restoration by Cinnabar Engineering."

Oh, right,  cause that makes sense. ::)   Why not just say the truth:  There was a sentimental attachment and you spent the money,  but now you need it back.

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Quote from: Jon on October 31, 2013, 01:08:22 PM
"The appraised value before the restoration was estimated between $26,000.00 - $32,000.00 due to the low miles and overall condition. This is what prompted the $100,000.00 restoration by Cinnabar Engineering."

Oh, right,  cause that makes sense. ::)   Why not just say the truth:  There was a sentimental attachment and you spent the money,  but now you need it back.

Ueagh, but the description says that Gramps spent the money, and then passed.
That jives, don't it?  :confused2:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Damn Denrep. Now I have to read all about it. You know that I rarely click a link.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Summary:
Quote. . .This GMC has been in our family since new.  This was given to my great grandfather as a retirement gift by General Motors in 1976 for his many dedicated years as a chief engineer at GM Technical Center here in Warren Michigan.

(Went into storage)

. . .My grandfather then decided it was time to get it back on the road again. It had super low miles (I believe less then 7500 original miles) but due to it sitting for so long it needed some attention. The appraised value before the restoration was estimated between $26,000.00 - $32,000.00 due to the low miles and overall condition. This is what prompted the $100,000.00 restoration by Cinnabar Engineering.

. . .My grandfather wanted it better then when it left the factory in 1976 to pay homage to his father that so passionately loved these coaches. 

. . .Unfortunately due to his sudden passing shortly after its restoration being completed he never had a chance to enjoy it, this being the reason for the super low miles of only 947 since its ground up restoration and the reason for the sale.

guidematic

So, how much is a $100,000 GMC Motorhome worth?  :chin:

Mike

Denrep

Kepper's got a pulse on 'em, let's aks him.

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on October 31, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

So, how much is a $100,000 GMC Motorhome worth?  :chin:

Mike

In short, the answer would be what I settle for to sell it and what you settle for to buy it.

I get asked all of the time to sell the car. What's it worth? Make me and offer. If it's what I want, here is the title, go over to the bank and bring back $100 bills. No drafts, no checks, no promises. Just cash.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

The general consenses is about $40k by the GMC Community.Most of them are drooling over it!Like I said some of the upgrades are real cool but some I just don't care for.There are dozens of them watching/bidding.

Jon

Quote from: Denrep on October 31, 2013, 01:43:33 PM
Quote from: Jon on October 31, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

Ueagh, but the description says that Gramps spent the money, and then passed.
That jives, don't it?  :confused2:

I missed the part about grampa passing,   but it still doesn't make his statement that "the appraisal value of 26-32k prompted the 100k restoration" any less illogical.

EXCRUISERGUY

Putting plastic over the toilet is "NOT" a good idea. :No:

GJ

Denrep

Quote from: Jon on October 31, 2013, 05:50:48 PM
. . . but it still doesn't make his statement that "the appraisal value of 26-32k prompted the 100k restoration" any less illogical.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
It was nice to begin with and thus the makeover was justified.
That's my take on it.  :confused2:

guidematic

In the oft used cliché, "If I win the Lottery....."

I would include a very nice example of one of these in my collection. Park it beside a nicely restored PD 4501.

Mike

Denrep