News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

ECC Control Head

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

I need one of these for my 1990 Brougham. The defroster works sporatically, and in this climate, the defroster is quite necessary. Anyone have one around, or know where one can be located? This one works on the 1990-92 Broughams.

Mike

Fins

Is the screen and controls behind it all one piece? How would one determine if it operated correctly before purchasing it? What would you expect to pay for one?

Stupid questions maybe. But that's still new enough to possibly be in a yard around here. Though doubtful. The scap business is booming here the way they drive. And a good hit easily puts a car beyond the value in repairs, so they total it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Yes, it's like a plug in module.

I would hope that it would be tested before put on the shelf. What you would normally do when scrapping a car. That would be the only way top know for sure if it is OK. But then again, what is normal these days?

Dunno, just putting out my feelers on this one. I found one on Ebay, but there was no guarantee that it's in working condition. And the guy wanted almost $70 for it plus shipping.

If there was one in the wreckers around here, I would expect to pay $20 for it.

Mike

Fins

I have no idea what they do when they scrap a car. I haven't even been in a wrecking yard in over 25 years. Never a need to.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: Fins on December 29, 2013, 05:04:41 PM

I haven't even been in a wrecking yard in over 25 years.

Ueah, guess I wouldn't spend much time in FL wrecking yards either.  Most that I've been to haven't been worth a darn. 

Michigan has quite a few including one where the owner makes sure the aisles are kept clean and its always weed whipped around the cars. 

Even if not looking for anything in particular, we enjoy walking through yards and seeing the variety vehicles in various conditions. 

Looking forward to hitting a couple in Aridzona in a few weeks.  I understand pretty much all from southern Phoenix are gone, 'neighborhood rehabilitation' but we'll find something to peruse. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Jon

I put a feeler out on a cadillac site that has a lot more of this generation enthusiasts.

Fins

You mean people still go that site? I thought that they chased everyone away or banned them.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Ueah, I got into an argument with some elitist clown there and never went back.

Mike

Jon

Got a lead on one.
Guy in Texas says there's a blue 90-92 at the wreckers near him that still has the complete dash,  he'll check it out tomorrow.

Carfreak

Somewhere I've got reman unit but for older years.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Somewhere covers a lot of territory there.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Quote from: CarFreak on December 31, 2013, 01:55:28 AM
Somewhere I've got reman unit but for older years.  

That's the one I need! A Delco Reman would be perfect.

Mike

Jon

Does that mean you have one?   
Because I'll call off the guy in Texas if you do.

guidematic

Dunno if she can find it.

Ueah, keep on the guy from Texas. Thanks Jon!

Mike

Jon

Do you know if these cars had optional defrosters?   cause I was just thinking,  a texas car may not have it if it wasn't standard.