News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Any Misfits near Savannah Gorgia with some spare time?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Estate
QuoteBuick revived the Roadmaster name with the introduction of the Roadmaster Estate in 1991. A "Vista Roof", a fixed sunroof over the second row seats, was standard. Initially the Roadmaster Estate used Chevrolet's 5.0 L small-block V8, but used the larger 5.7 L version from 1992. In 1994 the 5.7 L LT1 engine with dual exhaust became standard, the same as used on the Impala SS and on Chevrolet police cars. It was the first time that a high performance engine was offered on a GM station wagon since 1974. GM discontinued the Roadmaster Estate in 1996, ending production on December 13 of that year.[4]

It also appears as if the Sedan only came with the 5.7 for 92 and on as well.

guidematic

I stand corrected. '92 and '93 both the sedan and wagon came with the 5.7. '91 had the 5.0.

I've got all the brochures here if you want to come by and look at them sometime.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

Has anyone changed the Optispark on one of these cars ? ,I know on the Corvette it's a bitch , is the Buick easier to do ???
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

In these cars without the big mechanical fan in the way it's a walk in the park. The front of the engine is wide open. Lots of room.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: Tailfin Joe on January 15, 2014, 12:24:08 PM
Has anyone changed the Optispark on one of these cars ? ,I know on the Corvette it's a bitch , is the Buick easier to do ???
I've done it a few times.
Anything is a bitch on the Corvette. It's a very easy job on the B-D body cars.
Remove serpentine belt, drain coolant, pull water pump/AIR bracket, remove harmonic balancer, pull plug wires of opti and vent tubes (2). remove 3 bolts and it comes right off.

GJ

guidematic

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on January 16, 2014, 05:20:10 AM

Can be removed in 1/2 hour.

Mike

This doesn't include the time to get your tools together, cleaning up and putting everything away, draining the system, refilling and burping it.....
a 3 hour job.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Pull up to my garage door. Everything is right there. But I said removed in 1/2 hour. The entire job, start to finish including road test would be in the area of a couple of hours.

Mike

Otto Skorzeny

Luckily this car has a regular distributor.

I tried to post a bunch of pictures I took but the site says they're to large to post.

guidematic

Even still, that distributor is a bit of a prick to get at. It's buried under the cowl. I used to remove them with a socket on a universal on a socket driver.

When it goes back on, be sure to lube the bolts with a bit of anti-sieze. I posted on what else to look for in there on then CISO forum.

Send the pics to Jon or I and we can resize and post them if you can't do it.

Mike

Otto Skorzeny

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: guidematic on January 16, 2014, 03:25:25 PM

The entire job, start to finish including road test would be in the area of a couple of hours.

You forgot to add the beer drinking time in. :Cold Beer:

GJ

guidematic

guidematic

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on January 16, 2014, 07:46:40 PM
Pics are on the way, Mike.

Got them! Wow 67 pics. That took awhile top download. I may just put them all on my PB account and post the link here.

Mike

guidematic

I downloaded them all to my PB account.

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/guidematic/library/92%20Roadmaster?sort=2&page=1

Man, that thing is damned near pristine under there. Jon, you'll want to have it oiled ASAP! I think I may have a $10 off coupon for Krown if you're interested.

Mike