News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wanted: Roadmaster Wagon

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I just found a reference that states that some of the early 92 wagons still came with the L03 5.0L.

EXCRUISERGUY

The first one for $500 appears to have Impala SS wheels on it.
The wheels alone are worth $1000.

The 92 looks to be the better one if it has an L05.
The 96 has a lot of modifications done to it. I would be leery of that one.
If the sticker your referring to (SPI lable) it's on the right side of the tailgate jamb.

GJ

Jon

Forrest went out and looked at it for me and I've decided my search has come to a quick end.
He accepted $2k as an offer and I'll be down there next Tuesday to make the purchase and head out Wednesday morning for a 900 mile road test.   

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Denrep

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

guidematic

Utterly awesome! Congrats Jon!

Looks like you and Otto will be able to clink a few glasses together too. That makes it even better. A nice mini vacation.

Now we'll get to see a real bonafide rust free southern car.

Mike

Otto Skorzeny

Now we'll get to see a real bonafide rust free southern car.

Here's a preview.  

You won't find any 22 year old Canadian Buicks with an underbody like this.

Otto Skorzeny

Did you guys look at the link to the $500 one?  It's already sold but the owner removed all the chrome trim.  Jon and I might take a drive up to Lake Lanier to get it from the guy before he heads back to the frozen wasteland.

Jon

What I find amazing are the fuel tank straps.   All the guys on the Wagon forum told me that the are the first to go.  Guaranteed me I wasn't going to find one with clean traps even down south.    Bot those look perfect!

Jon

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on January 16, 2014, 03:48:05 PM
Did you guys look at the link to the $500 one?  It's already sold but the owner removed all the chrome trim.  Jon and I might take a drive up to Lake Lanier to get it from the guy before he heads back to the frozen wasteland.

That might make more sense if we tell the good people here that the lower stainless mouldings on the one I'm getting are dented.  Something I didn't really car about,  but if I can fix it easily,  why not.

guidematic

Those moldings were a PIA right from the get go. The black rubber fell off very shortly after the cars were new. I remember spending hours cleaning off all the old tape off the stainless and the rubber trim, then reattaching them with newer and improved 2-sided tape. If you can find clean dent free moldings with the rubber still intact, that is a real bonus and goes a long way to good aesthetics on the car.

What size tires are on the car now? They look a bit smallish.

Mike

Jon

It calls for 225/75/15,   same as what's on Chester.    The truck winter tires are 215/75/15.  Smaller is better for winter tires.

guidematic

That's what I thought they called for. But those look a bit smaller.

Mike

Jon

The only major hurdle I've come across is what do to about temporary plate tags for the trip back.  That is the main reason for why I need to arrive during business hours in Ontario,  but that doesn't help me crossing all the states on the way there.   Since Georgia doesn't offer them, I thought I couldn't get one.  But luckily the car is actually registered in Tennessee. So after a very short, sarcastic, demeaning, rude, and thankfully informative call to the Tennessee Vehicle people which ended with them hanging up on me (and I wasn't even trying to piss them off), I found out I can stop off in Chatanooga on the way back and buy a $10 tag which will let me have all the time I need to get the car safety inspected and emission tested prior to actually registering the car here and I don't have to worry at all about what time I reach the border.  The law says I have 45 days from when I cross the border to get it registered.  So if anything comes up, I can have a chance to work on it myself.

Otto Skorzeny

Government bureaucrats are the same the world over.