News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

For the Roadmaster lovers

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Otto Skorzeny

The Pope

Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

The Pope

Fins

You're being too nice. This is one sick pup to do something like this to a RoadMonster.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

The Pope

Just needs a set of 30" Gorilla extreme Swangas!

EXCRUISERGUY

Time to start thinning out the genepool.

GJ

Keeper

Is it not the same kinda as those black impala ss's they used to have.I have a few folks I know that drive Roadmasters and Love them,one is a wagon.Anyways is this the car that if the water pump leaks out the weep hole is shorts out the ignition?And is the Imapla the same or do niether of them have a crank sensor under the water hole?

EXCRUISERGUY

They are the GM B-body, and yes they are the same car.... mostly.
They both have the LT1 (94-96)
  If anything comes out the weep hole that is an indication that the waterpump needs to be replaced.
The crank sensor your talking about is the "Optispark" which is the distributor.
They are a sealed unit and are exposed to moisture all the time.
I have never had any issues with mine as a result of moisture.

GJ

Denrep

Ueagh, 'round here in snow N rain country they were terrible.  :pull hair:
Doesn't require a weeping pump to take out an optispark.

I'd think the problem was rather widespread, thus the 101 aftermarket retrofit fixes.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

EXCRUISERGUY

Half way through 94 they started installing vented units. That fixed the problem.

GJ

Denrep

But the '95 isn't backwards compatible and still had plentya issues.

Best bet for the long run is  one of the aftermarket ignitions.

Optispark, another reason why I feel TBI engines have aged far better than LT1.

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

EXCRUISERGUY

I've been driving LT1's for 15 years. The only issue I ever had was when I put an aftermarket optispark in my 94 Fleetwood. It failed after one year. I swapped the original back in and it works flawlessly.
My 95 Caprice was driven year round and when I scrapped it, the original opti still worked perfectly.
The early Y-F body cars  (92-93) had problems because they didn't have a vacuum vent to remove moisture.

GJ

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631