News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Value??

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

The guy can't give it away??I am biased of course and now real aarogant and I apologize, but for me now after all this stuff. I determined the 68 coupe is my fave rwd cad there is.I also could have a 71/2 again.But no pre 68 or 69/70.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Cadillac-Coupe-Deville-engine-472-auto-trans-parts-car-/201206613923?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed8d947a3&vxp=mtr#ht_25wt_900

Fins

What's wrong with the 69/70 series? They're gorgeous.  :screwy:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

Love the outside of 69/70...Hate what they did with the dash.seats and the steering wheel and its ratios. 67 Cad got the first variable ratio steering.Chevy and everyone did'nt get it till 70.In 69 they went too far with it and it carried till 70.71 they got it back in 67/8 ratio again till 75 changed to halfway between.I could live with the 75/6 steering if everything was not all plastic like the 69/70. No Offense to anyone who likes plastic.

Otto Skorzeny

One word son... Plastics!

Fins

I guess he won't be cruisin' with me anywhere.....in my plastic Eldorado.

And BTW...69/70 had the same 'Close Ratio' steering as 67/68 and all the way up into the models that used the packin' onion steering.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Nor me with my 70 and those horrible seats.

Mike

Fins

He might if you tilt the front base all the way up, put the back all the way down and lay it back into the back seat. He be stylin' then.  :yeah baby:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

You know its funny...I do have the front of the seat up and the back down and the wheel tilt down too. When I got into all those cars a few weeks back,besides being poor quality I hate sitting on the floor I like to sit in the car seat not on the seat.I like having my knees bent not straight legged on the floor. And yes I had a 76 convert and I absolutley hated it and I can find the steering info for you all.I do try not to talk about stuff unless I owned/drove and have paperwork to prove.
Steering changed 3 times before it left Saginaw!

Otto Skorzeny

The car might be solid, Denrep, but unless Keeper is going to do all the paint and body work and upholstery himself he's going to be in the hole for a minimum $25 grand unless he's happy with a Bondo buggy and a Macco paint job.

Here's one for $10K already put together.  http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/coupe_deville/1339929.html

Here's another for $15K  http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1968/cadillac/coupe-deville

Unless you have the skill and capacity and desire to do all the work, don't buy a falling apart wreck and expect to pay someone else to put it back together without mortgaging your house. 

Otto Skorzeny

Denrep,  I just picked those two cars because they were the first ones I found, not because they were the epitome of the '68 CDV.  My only point is that there are plenty of good '68 CDVs out there that are reasonably priced and presentable without requiring 2 years worth of sweat and toil and money to put them on the road.  Keeper would be better off buying the best example of a '68 CDV that he can afford rather than a pile of parts that will cost him a fortune to reassemble.

The green car is a beat up wreck that would be fine for somebody like Geoff who has the necessary skills and equipment to turn it into something you would actually want to drive. 

guidematic

The old mantra "Buy the best you can afford"

Mike

Keeper

Woosh,I am keeping/rebuilding the 67 Eldo.It definatly is not worth restoring a Cadillac of any variety in my opinion.
I just love the 67/8 coupe and of course the Eldo's.Just the 429 of 67???And 10-15k for one that finished off nice is worth it to me.You cannot get a new Toyota/Honda for that much.Then wait for the light that says" service engine now" Makes no sense to me to buy/have/drive a disposable. First photo is my car,second is all the sheeple..

guidematic

Keeper

That car is a GIFT for $1500 no 67/8 coupe I ever seen is that rust free.That is why I posted it,looks great!!!

Gary

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.