News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Barris Bugazzi for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

Perhaps the answer is here? http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?topic=5274.0

Although I guess a fire or something wiped out the records from 1968 to 1973.  Will 1974 help?

I think the '56 is about 24 or 25 cft.  Maybe even more.

guidematic

Late 50's early 60's trunks were huge. The 1960 Chevrolet was something like 29 cu ft.

Mike

Carfreak

Ueah Uncle Guido says, late 50s trunks 'sleep 6 comfortably'. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Denrep

I was thinking' '54-6 mighta  been the trunk stowage  king.   :chin:

:read: But no need for Cad's burned records, the data is published like mad at introduction time.
Salesman's data book, anybody?
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Carfreak

59 Data book, specs for most all the engine internals but no numbers for interior or trunk footage. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

I'll deal with this when I get up.

Denrep? You're laying odds that Eldorado and Coupe'/Sedan/Fleetwood have like sized trunk space?

Where can I lay my $20 against you. Full spare or SpaceSaver, they really are small. I can't remember ever filling the truck of my 69-70-71-72 Full sized cads. 
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

I'm guessing that there isn't that much difference in specs.
Maybe a couple cubic feet? :confused2:
Basically a beer case.

Russ

Quote from: Fins on February 17, 2015, 06:51:54 AM
I can't remember ever filling the truck of my 69-70-71-72 Full sized cads. 

I filled the trunk on my 63, when we went camping with a family of 4.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

You drink some huge cans of beer for a case to make a couple of cubes. A case of bottles isn't even 2cf.

Hey...Just layin out those Denrep technicalities.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

I still can't put my fingers on the 1970 specs. But I do remember trunk capacity being just a tick smaller in the Fleetwood. I'd just like to remember where I read those specs.

Mike

Denrep

http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/beer-case-dimensions/
QuoteThe typical US beer case dimensions are 16 x 16 x 24 inches. Beer cases of this size usually hold 24 bottles or cans of beer. . . .

1.33 x 1.33 x 2.0 = 3.54 cf.  :confused2:

Denrep

Quote from: guidematic on February 17, 2015, 03:54:23 PM

I still can't put my fingers on the 1970 specs. But I do remember trunk capacity being just a tick smaller in the Fleetwood. I'd just like to remember where I read those specs.

AMA specifications.

Gotta be around.

Otto Skorzeny

I tried to find the exact volume for the '56 in the stats given in the link I posted .  No luck.  They have every dimension of the trunk interior you can think of - max height, min height, depth, max width, max diagonal width, width of lid opening, etc. - but no volume calculation.

guidematic

I have them here somewhere. I just need to find them. I looked in brochures, the shop manual, The Standard Catalog of Cadillac.....

Mike

Denrep

We'll hafta fill 'em up with water and measure.

:Muttley: