News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Nice Price

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

At least the guy is not asking $18k or something like others...
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4971512202.html

Otto Skorzeny

Too bad the guy doesn't know how to take photographs.  No profile shots?

Anyway, it looks like a good deal.  Get on over there get it.

Carfreak

Jumper cables in the back seat are classy. 

Wonder if the seller is making sure the next owner is prepared if when there battery & starting problems? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

Carfreak

It never ceases to amaze me how many people photograph their For Sale vehicle with tools, garbage & other crap inside.   :roulette:

We've often bought dirty vehicles that if the seller had just spent a little time cleaning, someone likely would have paid a lot more. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Keeper

I may have to Settle for this one instead of the blue eldo.$12000 difference in price and I will find out tomorrow!

Fins

And the engine has Keeper written all over it.   :rotfl:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Can hardly wait to see it with a hood scoop.

Keeper

It is just a nice old car for not too bad of an asking price,He got it from a friend before his divorce,did not his wife to have it.He put the tires on himself and says he has 40 miles on since last month.Looks to be a good replacement for my tired out 67 Eldo.No scoop needed on a Deville unless you use the 10-71 supercharger or the Dual Quad Boogieman
real high rise.

Fins

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on April 19, 2015, 03:40:49 PM
Can hardly wait to see it with a hood scoop.

:rotfl:

I hope not.

Keeper, you have to just drive a Cadillac, not beat the shit out of them.

Like the guy that walked up to my car at Kel A/C and looked under the hood. He remarked that an 18 year old kid must own the car, because the air cleaner lid was flipped over. He said that such a nice car shouldn't be beat on by a kid. I looked at the tech and he looked and me and we just smiled. He knew why it was done. He's old skool too. I just shut my mouth and ignored the idiot.

I don't drive the hell out of them, though they do sound good sucking in all that air. But the thought of that vinyl covered timing gear makes me drive nice and easy. I'll do it when I have too, but not until. That is a miserable job on these engines. I was given a tip to drive the alignment pins in and I wouldn't have to drop the oil pan. I still don't want to do it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

Fins,I been driving this car daily since 03.I drive real easy almost all the time as the mounts on the early cars cannot hold the motor in period.Somehow last month when i was in the heads I got a new marine stainless cover plate and the guy was able to do it without any issue at all.I have no idea.He pulled the hub and whacked it right on with the new front seal as well.I already had the cloyes chain replacement.Supposedly you can see it from the distro hole.Even if the nylon is gone those suckers are pretty tough and on a late model like yours it is non interference so just drive till one day you can't.It is no big whoop.

Fins

Yep. Then when it finally happens, I'll gladly send you the towing bill.  :Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Otto Skorzeny

The Purple Knif has those Teflon gears.  Do you know whether or not the 425 is a non-interference engine?

Keeper

It usually happens in the driveway when you first start it.You Will Not Need Towing.It just will not start one day and that is when you will know.Been there....And on the 425 at 10 or 11.5 to one Yes valves are in the way.

Fins

When did they start to use that crap? Yours is a 66, right?
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631