News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

WTB 1960 Eldorado Biarritz

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

So, Bill, it looks like you bought the green '60 Eldo!!!  Congratulations!   :clap:    :banana:

:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

Unless you know something we don't, I read where he passed on it because they couldn't agree on a price.

I haven't checked MoBo or MCLC yet.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

From the MoBo ---

Offline Bill Caddyshack

Atlanta Georgia
    Name: J Marsh

Re: WTB 1960 Biarritz in excellent condition
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 06:30:53 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Found one in Indianapolis. Carrera green, white buckets, great shape. Flew up, saw it personally. Had two very knowledgeable Cadillac friends, who were at the Mecum Auction look at it with me. Very good car. Got very lucky with transport and a carrier loaded with Mecum cars, and mine left Indy last night and should be in Atlanta today!

Factory datatag shows correct info. New top, rebuilt engine/trans, recent  Jenkins  interior, everything works.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

I was spurred on by your post Geoff, and took a look. Thanks.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

The Pope

Yes, meant to make a post here, but got sidetracked, doing a little driving! It is a sweet car.

Back and forth with the seller, but we finally reached an agreeable sum.

A lot of carriers leaving Mecum Indianapolis and was able to get the last place on one heading south yesterday, Friday. Rolled up about 3:00pm today. Lots of squealing from the Mrs. We went for a cruise.

Lime Sherbet? Key Lime? Anne still searching for names. It is a sophisticated color and style after the in-your-face 1959. I think it is the 1960 Grace Kelly to the 1959 Sophia Loren.

Seller says,
"*94,000 Miles
*Carrara Green with white Jenkins leather interior, Rare Bucket Seats
*Power Steering, Power Vent & all Windows, Power Brakes, Power Trunk opener & closer, Power Radio Antenna
*Rebuilt 390 cu in motor with tri- power ( 3 2bbl carburetors), Rebuilt transmission
*New shocks and springs, New brake drums and shoes, New Gas Tank and sending unit
*New Coker wide whitewall radial tires, New power convertible top, New carpet, New Heater Box

This car is well sorted out.  I have owned the car since January 2008.  All service and refurbishing records are available since January 2008." All this and more checks out well.   

Seller is a really nice guy. Very well-to-do. In the family produce business that has been a major player for the last 90 years. He took very good care of this car. Put about 5,000 miles on it since 2008.
Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Carfreak

Congratulations Bill, the car is beautiful.   :yeah baby:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

The Pope

This color featured in the 1960 brochure

Fins

It almost looks like money green to me.

I'd get a plate for the front that say's,

"Big"
"Money"

:Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

The Pope

Quote from: Fins on May 17, 2015, 10:59:22 AM
It almost looks like money green to me.

I'd get a plate for the front that say's,

"Big"
"Money"

:Muttley:

GREAT IDEA!!!!

Geoff

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

It just sorta fits Bill, the car and the color. I'm not a person for green, but that is very pleasing to the eyes.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

The Pope

Quote from: Fins on May 17, 2015, 02:28:51 PM
It just sorta fits Bill, the car and the color. I'm not a person for green, but that is very pleasing to the eyes.

Money is my favorite color! Just ordered this.

Geoff

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631