News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Nice Eldo!

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Otto Skorzeny

Too bad it doesn't have a white top and white interior.

The guy says the bumper fillers were professionally replaced but the paint doesn't match at all.

Fins

Brian Rachlin's sale. If that was a triple white car, he'd have a sold sign on it.

Me, as the buyer.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

I dunno...
I'd speculate that this car could have rust issues.

Look at the trunk latch, core-support, hood hinge area, fuel-fill door, top actuator area, bumper-jack...
Look at the rust "bleed" at the cowl and door openings.
Even in the rust belt that stuff doesn't show rust 'till they're way ragged out.
If never driven in bad weather, where was this thing parked, in a terrarium?  :chin:

And what's with the high lumpy "elephant ear" folded top?
That's all supposed to tuck into the well.

Anyway, I was lost at "still consider it one-owner" 'cause he hasn't owned it very long.   :scratchhead:   :confused2:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

You forgot the non-color-keyed T/S/Cruise stalk.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

I wasn't trying to nit-pick, that's why I skipped the likes of the horn pad, and the broken-off exhaust manifold bolt(s) that will soon carry the "phft phft phft" exhaust leak sound past the new gaskets. And that it looks like this pampered cream-puff was apparently driven for enough miles with a blowing rusty coolant leak to "dye" the evap box. (Or is that too from whatever caused all the other off-the-wall rust?  :scratchhead:)
Anyway, all that's tolerable.
However, if it has as much rust waiting to blossom as the pics  seem to indicate  :confused2: that's another story.

No underbody pics?  :chin:  :scratchhead:

And too, cars with rust and other issues are okay, just that  the cards should be on the table, IMHO.  :dice:

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

I must just be real lucky when I buy cars sight unseen. Anything that I've done to mine is for my interest, not because it needs it. The 59 I drove for 7 years and drove it hard too before the overhaul, previous Eldorado was excellent, 77 didn't like it, so offed it, 70, I bought to flip anyway. And there were a few others.

I did however get a ton of dirt and mud from out of the body drain holes that were plugged up. It would drip for days after washing. Now it drips for a couple of minutes or so. LED lights down inside the door panels reveal nothing in the way of rust. And yes, I washed out the inside of the panels too. Sort of a Denrep dash cleaning method, but just with a garden hose and nozzle.   :shh:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631