News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wanted

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

I need 2, 1976 Eldorado wheelcovers. Prefer black centers as they should be, but I can paint as needed. One is somewhere on I-675 in Georgia and the other I'd like for a spare. Price and shipping to 33309 in Florida.

1000 miles driven with no problems with speeds up to near 100 mph. I putt along at 60 and a hubcap flies off. I went back to look, but Georgia doesn't maintain the weed height on the sides of the roads. Shit and double shit.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Damn! Were you aware of it when it fell off or did you just notice it when you got to the hotel?

Fins

I have an idea. Just south of exit 5 when I was going underneath an overpass I heard it, but thought it was the truck going over the overpass that ran across one of the steel expansion joints. A car caught up to me and told me what happened. It was the muddy one that we cleaned up at your house.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Damn.  Do you think the mud loosened it up?

Fins

Who knows? I doubt it though. There are a few holes in the road that you can't see until the last second. Any one of them could have jarred it loose. I'm going to work on some type of anchoring mechanism when I get back that won't require drilling the cover itself.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

The Pope

Damn! So sorry, especially after you and Forest helping fix mine.  Are they the same as any other year?
Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Fins

74-78 were the same basic style, just painted differently. I can paint the proper color and reapply the crest and wreath. And yes, it pissed me to lose it. There were no scratches on any of them.
The next long ride, I'll just take them off and put them back on when I get there. I'll paint the rims to offset the ugliness of them.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

The Pope

Fins

Thanks Bill. But that won't fit an offset rim. That is for a regular wheel.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

The Pope

Quote from: Fins on August 25, 2015, 02:24:59 PM
Thanks Bill. But that won't fit an offset rim. That is for a regular wheel.

Ok.

Otto Skorzeny

Fins, if you knew where you lost it or heard that noise, I'd drive down there to look for it.  It's gotta be over in the grass somewhere.

This place usually has a pretty good selection:

http://www.hubcaps.org/  They have Bill's caps for $300 each.

There's a place called Hubcap Daddy down the road from me.  I'll go over and see what they have if you want me to.

Fins

I have a bid on an ebay cap that's only at a few $$ because it has a dent in it. I can work the dent out. It ends tomorrow night, plus we'll see what if anything that CF might have. Denrep's staying far away.

Just south of Exit 5, there are 2 overpasses. I'm not sure if it was the first or second overpass that I heard it. I spent an hour looking, move forward, look again, but the weeds are 3 feet high and it drops off into a 6' deep culvert. Don't bother to go look for it. Walking along side of the road isn't worth your life or your vehicle for a stupid hubcap. Besides, looking at the tire and the wheel opening trim, it may not be much good anyway. I took the trim off and worked out the dents in it so you would never know it unless you were looking for them.

Hubcaps . org does have the one I need, I'd just have to paint it. We also have 3 or 4 places around here I could look into. Relax. I'm not going to be using it for a while.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

The Pope

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on August 25, 2015, 03:04:30 PM

This place usually has a pretty good selection:

http://www.hubcaps.org/  They have Bill's caps for $300 each.

There's a place called Hubcap Daddy down the road from me.  I'll go over and see what they have if you want me to.

Forest, in the unlikely event you or anyone else sees a 1959-1960 Eldorado hub cap, let me know.

hubcaps.org said to call for availibility and they don't have any for mine. Don't expect to have any. Damn, wanted a spare.

Fins

For $300, I'd still be in the weeds looking for it.   :lookin:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631