News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wanted

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

Ya, the hell with the spare!  Make sure you don't lose any in the first place.

Take them all off and work on all the tangs then install them with a rubber mallet. 

The '56 hubcaps seem to be a dime a dozen.  If you pay $35 for one you're paying too much.

Bill, I forgot to bring over some of that foam to use as a gasket between the medallions and the cap itself.  Next time I see you I'll bring it.  My center medallions have been on for 10+ years and haven't loosened, rattled,  or fallen off.

It's true that the originals used cork but that stuff rots, shrinks,  and disintegrates.

Fins

I also went to Stockton Wheels, the place one of the party goers recommended. He had that Dodge Dart. After looking at the reviews of the place, I wouldn't go near them. Many reports on people ordering, paying and never getting anything. No phone calls answered or returned, emails the same way. 

I'll just have to settle for a couple of the wheels not being perfectly true. Buying anything used would be a crap-shoot anyway. And even used sellers want your first born for a rim. Add shipping for each and it's just not worth it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Check Hub Cap Annie.  They have a location near me and several all over the country.  They do wheels and caps.

Same for Hub Cap Daddy.  They have a location 2 miles away from me and others around the country.

The Pope

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on August 25, 2015, 05:08:25 PM
Ya, the hell with the spare!  Make sure you don't lose any in the first place.

Take them all off and work on all the tangs then install them with a rubber mallet. 

The '56 hubcaps seem to be a dime a dozen.  If you pay $35 for one you're paying too much.

Bill, I forgot to bring over some of that foam to use as a gasket between the medallions and the cap itself.  Next time I see you I'll bring it.  My center medallions have been on for 10+ years and haven't loosened, rattled,  or fallen off.

It's true that the originals used cork but that stuff rots, shrinks,  and disintegrates.

Thanks, Forest. Really appreciate your help. I'll get on the others.
Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Carfreak

Guess I have aboot a dozen but 4 have rash or dings to be unusable for your use. 

A couple look but still need to be cleaned up for better review. 

Looks like someone drilled a hole to secure their cap to the wheel?  Otherwise is pretty nice. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

There is an angel among us.   :whoo-hoo:   :hugs:

Price plus shipping and I'll get it right to ya.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.