News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Gift?

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

What a load of freaking horse shit.  Every Cadillac ever made between 1956 and 1974 was owned by Elvis Prestly Good Grief.

He fails to mention that the car is supposed to have a dual quad setup, not just a replacement 4 bbl Edelbrock.

Look where the7y put the Cadillac script on the grill.

It says its in Sevierville, TN.  My mom has a good friend that lives there.  I ought to ask the guy about sending someone to view the car.

Fins

You and I were thinking alike about the Elvis shit. Everyone wants to attach Elvis to a car they are selling.

Also ask the 'dealer' why a 56 car has 59 tail lights if it's so original.    :jack:

No gift there IMHO. Just a cobbled up car.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

I wouldn't pay that much for it but a restored '56 Eldo can fetch $80k+

I don't like the looks of the '55 thru '58 Eldos, though.  The '55/56 is the worst of the bunch.  They came from the factory looking like a cobbled up car.

Keeper

That is what I feel.Get it for 20k put 30k into it sell for 80k and recoup 30 large.Did I say something wrong?

Fins

Nah. We're just ragging on all of the idiots that think that they can play the Elvis card with their car sales.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Actually, now that I think of it, the $80k and up would be for a Biarritz.  Seville's top out at around $50K.

That car would be a break even proposition at best.  You couldn't get the chrome redone for less than $10K.  $2k-$3k to source the correct intake and dual carbs.  Reupholster is $5-7k minimum.  Rebuild engine and tranny?  A quickie but semi-decent paint job is going to run you $5k minimum.

So You're going to spend at least $25k to get it close to number one condition and counting the purchase price, that's nearly $50k right there.

$20K is about what that car is worth if it isn't rusted out.

Keeper

Just cool to talk about it is all,I knew the Elvis stuff was a joke right off.