News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Gotta Go

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

I wuz gonna. Looked too rough around the edges.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

The $4500 is beautiful except for the burgundy piping.  The$7500 one is an ugly color.

Carfreak

Ueah, another Truth in Selling winner.  11k miles?  Doubtful. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

Funny thing aboot 67 & 68 speedos & gauges, interesting how they often suffer from surface rust.  Don't notice that so much with other years.

And their glove box doors warp.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

I was just about to type that.  I've never seen an instrument panel look so crappy before on any other car that was in basically good shape.  Weird.

Fins

Quote from: CarFreak on October 11, 2015, 09:33:19 PM
Ueah, another Truth in Selling winner.  11k miles?  Doubtful. 

111k, is believable. I'm sure if it were only 11k, the car wouldn't be ratted out the way it is.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

I will never have or drive a 69/70 Hate,Hate the dash,gas gauge and steering also those seats over your head.67 of course 429 woes.The dash on the 67's rust from air conditioning condensation.Hence the plastic vents on 68'.It is a 68 coupe or a 68 eldo.I am ok with a 71 or 72 coupe but nothing else,nothing!

Fins

That's what I like about the 69/70 cars. Those huge seats. You can sit and drive for hours and never have a sore back or neck. And that virtical floating gas gauge on the 69 is the coolest. Like a Toro Eldorado Brougham barrel speedo.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Gary

Quote from: Fins on October 11, 2015, 08:03:29 PM
Here ya go Keeper. Go chase this one down.  http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/5248618883.html

dayum    :yeah baby:
and me needing a fence, and a whole bunch of landscaping.
Shyte

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Otto Skorzeny

You need to do like me.  I got my fence and plants free.  Everyone I know who gardens keeps giving me flowers and shrubs.  I lucked in to the free fence.

Fins

Stick the landscaping. Just more shit to take care of.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Gary

Quote from: Fins on October 12, 2015, 06:46:31 PM
Stick the landscaping. Just more shit to take care of.

Ain't dat da truth

Mulch and RoundUp are your friends

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Denrep

:sleepy:
Let us know when the $800.00 '67  Eldo cherry CA car, that the pros looked down their noses at, is topped.
(Insert mule licking icon)
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Keeper

Guys,went into work Late today as the kid went nissan and I was back all over it.There is over 500 photos of the whole job.Welded metal only behind the rear wheels.No cruise,tilt or power vents,Maybe it is a Calais?It is nice enough for me to drive to work that is for sure.JJ Best is the greatest.I have to give $750 down and $143 a month for 60 months.Most would think it is crazy.I think I may have a tough time as being a 67-70 Eldo driver since 79.I could be hitting curbs!I may spend money on it and try to resell!Look at the pictures again and tell me what you really think. :thinking:

Otto Skorzeny

I think it looks like a decent car overall. 

The way I see it for 10K or less on any decent car you can't lose.   If you enjoy it who cares if its had work done?  Hopefully its done right.  Any rust on the frame?  Why did all those panels have to be replaced?

If you buy it, please get rid of that horrible steering wheel and those idiotic, fuzzy dice.  Fuzzy dice are for numb nut trailer queen dopes.

Oh ya, and ditch the Elvis plate, too.  If you don't do these things I'm going to tell Fins to delete your Misfit account.

I'll give you a little more time to buy proper steel wheels and hubcaps.