News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1997 F-250 For Sale

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

My cousin is selling his awesome F-250 Super Duty.  He's owned it since 1999.  If it was a 2wd I'd by it myself.  He just bought a 2012 F-350 to replace it.

If you know anybody looking for a nice work or hunting truck, this is it.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/732340226/overview/

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Nice looking truck. Myself, I think he's a little high on the price for a 21 year old truck. But, a clean truck like that can command a decent price. He has the good PowerStroke in that one, the 7.3L. The 6.7 seems to have an unhappy customer base.

I'll disregard the above posted picture.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Price seemed high to me, too but I don't know what heavy duty, F-250s go for.  Compared to  $70,000 for a new one, $18k doesn't seem too bad.

I'm thinking $12-$15k maybe?

Jon

I'm trying to figure out what could have happened on that truck.   The rear wheels are not aligned either.  So did it hit a low barrier at speed?

Carfreak

Carfreak

Otto Skorzeny

There's $70 grand down the drain.

Same thing happened to me in a 1977 Honda CVCC.  I hydroplaned on oil and slid off the road. The right front wheel hit a culvert and ripped the cv axle out of the transmission and the transmission right out of the engine.  I flipped over and landed on the roof.  I had only been going about 45mph.

Carfreak

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on April 07, 2018, 10:42:11 PM
There's $70 grand down the drain.

Texan or not, bet he needed to replace his panties after that escapade.

And clean a lot of horse manure too.   :Muttley:

Fins

My questions are:

How fast was he going?

Was he paying complete attention to his driving having 10,000# hooked to the truck?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

Who knows?  A blowout on a front tire at 50mph with that much weight is probably not easy to control.

Carfreak

Funny.  Forrest tried posting this Furd @ MCLC and the software didn't like that. 

Otto Skorzeny

That's not the message I got.  I got a different one after the post.  I can't even get on the site, now.  By that I mean it won't even load on my computer.  All other sitres work fine, however.

Fins

It's like this site, waaaaaaaaay behind on it's updates.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Otto Skorzeny

Tried again to get on the site but I can't.

I just tried again to get to modified with a different browswer and I get the "page cn't be displayed message."