News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Hey Fins! Lookee here......

Previous topic - Next topic

DownUnderDeville

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, chief. :yes:

The "022" denotes white leather with blue carpet, which it obviously no longer has.
AM6 I've already mentioned

Would a Talisman have its option code on the cowl tag? I would have thought so. :scratchhead:

Here's a reply from someone on the 74-76 Talisman yahoo group: (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/74-76Talisman)

RE: [74-76Talisman] Re: Strange Talisman for sale in New Zealand

This particular talismanified FB was on Ebay in March of 2007 and at that time
it was in the LA area and already had a Talisman interior. I don't recall what
the story was behind the interior swap though.

Stephan

Fins

DuD... Not sure of the plate particulars. Someone more schooled on that could fill in here.   :chin:

But there is more than one thing or two that doesn't look, (smell) right about this car.

Working at Cadillac in these years, I don't recall White as a standard factory color for a Talisman. Neither did I see Sapphire Blue, but the Doc came up with my dream car in his town.   :yeah baby:

Most, if not all, were black or dark blue with matching interiors.

But if I win the Lottery, I'll be calling Doc for that Sapphire Blue one, no matter the price.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

So how much is this Sapphire Blue job then? :chin:

I wanna see photos!! :yeah baby:

(I'm gonna ned the lottery too, but one can dream....)

Fins

There are pics of it somewhere on this site. It was gorgeous too. The people wanted $26,000 USD or something like that near 2 years ago. I offered a pristine Eldorado and cash, but they came up with a pristine Eldorado sitting right next to the Talisman. So no deal there.

I'm sure they still have the car. Doc hasn't said yea or nay on it. But I'm sure they wouldn't budge on the price. It's going to be one of those that rots off of the frame before they realize they should have sold it when it was worth something.

How about it Doc......Are you paying attention here?

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

26 large.......... :yikes:

Then again, the pretend one over here is dearer than that...........

QuoteIt's going to be one of those that rots off of the frame before they realize they should have sold it when it was worth something.

Ah...one of  those........ :No:

Fins

I've been searching his posts since he joined. Aside of laughing my ass off at some of them, I've been through 56 pages so far and nothing.

Anyone want to help or give a search term suggestion?

I've gone from #190-246. Booooooooring. But that Talisman is to die for.   :yeah baby:

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

About 20 years ago a friend had a 74(?) Talisman that was an orangish color.  Absolutely gorgeous. 

He's still kicking himself for selling it.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

Quote from: Big Fins on January 12, 2011, 03:24:56 AM
I've been searching his posts since he joined. Aside of laughing my ass off at some of them, I've been through 56 pages so far and nothing.

Anyone want to help or give a search term suggestion?

I've gone from #190-246. Booooooooring. But that Talisman is to die for.   :yeah baby:

Fins

WTH are you looking for?

http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?topic=688.0

That search took like, 10 seconds.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

DownUnderDeville

Got it.

:yeah baby: :yeah baby:

Godammit man, I'm getting obsessed here........

Fins

Is that car something or what. I'd still consider breaking the bank for it.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

As would I.

Except I have the small matter of postage and tax to consider. And that's what would kill it. :'( :'(

Unless I get some Serious Moolah for Jennifer, that is.

Fins

Go back to the first post in the thread DuD that you put up. Mike called it, back in the thread the Doc put up. 1974 had the only rear workstation. 75&76 had only front workstations.

Also read the original ad of the white one you found. It states...."Talisman interior added." I'd love to see the body plate on that one, along with the paint codes.

But before being totally sure on the colors I would like to see what was available. I never remember seeing a white Talisman....ever.

Anything can be ordered, and anything can be painted. But this  :jack: is calling this car original.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on January 12, 2011, 03:33:35 AM
Got it.

:yeah baby: :yeah baby:

Godammit man, I'm getting obsessed here........

I think I'll go cry myself to sleep now, and wait for the Doc to show in the morning and tell me the car is still available.

I think about it all the time.  To have that car would be better than sex anytime.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

I had a chance to buy a triple gold '74 Talisman back in the 80's. A customer of ours had one and wanted to sell it. He was asking $2K for it, but I think it would have gone for much less. 2 reasons why I did not buy it, first cash was very scarce for me and it was full of bondo. But the interior was perfect. And I drove that car on many occasions. What a treat.

But I still think about that car and the what if's had I bought it.

Mike

Mike

Fins

Yup. Here was your post on it.

Oh man, I'd off my '70 in a heartbeat for a '74 Talisman. They are the coolest of the 70's Cadillacs. Ya know, the '74 is the only year with the front AND rear consoles.

We had a customer back in the 80's with one. Triple gold. I worked on that car a fair bit, and drove it a few times. There is nothing as decadant as a Talisman. Pure comfort. But the car was a bondo buggy. He had it for sale and I didn't buy if because of all the bondo. I think he sold it because both him and the car just disappeared.

Mike

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631