News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Post on Modified board

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Fins,I had to link this one as it seems he would probably trade for your little truck!

Damn Kids!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2149689771.html

Fins

I don't care that you linked it.

But.....no offense intended, but I'd rather have my little truck. It's been paid for, for 10 years, and that little truck doesn't owe me a dime. And it really needs nothing a little elbow grease won't cure.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

ST Dog

Quote from: Keeper on January 10, 2011, 04:48:58 PM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2149689771.html

"I WANNA TRADE ----for a fuel effiecient car like civic,acura , pickups , nissan.... something a 25 year old can enjoy "

What, a 25 yr old wouldn't enjoy a '68 Eldo with a good engine  :screwy:

Fins

That tell you the kind of education the Canadians are getting, huh?    :rotfl:

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: Big Fins on January 10, 2011, 07:38:29 PM
That tell you the kind of education the Canadians are getting, huh?    :rotfl:

Fins

1968 CADILLAC ELDORADO SALE/TRADE - $2300 (ONTARIO ,CA)

There are Canadians in Mexifornia?   :scratchhead:

Maybe they came from La Canada.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Can we get our 3 letter abbreviations back please? CA, is also the abbreviation for Canada.

I guess my US public edumacation is showing now.   :bonk:

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Speaking of CAN -

Geraldine Hoff Doyle of Lansing, the woman behind an iconic image of a bandana-clad, muscle-flexing Rosie the Riveter during WWII, has died, according to her family.  Doyle was 86 upon her death, a lifetime older than the 17-year-old factory worker who was captured in a United Press International photo in a metal-pressing plant near Ann Arbor.

Her photo was later used by the U.S. War Production Coordinating Committee in an illustrated poster called, "We Can Do It!"  The poster was designed to encourage other women to enter the workforce in support of the war effort but has grown to become a pop-culture icon of women's equality.  
"She was very inspirational," said her daughter, Stephanie Gregg of Eaton Rapids, assistant dean of admissions for Cooley Law School. "She was very kind and generous. She lived the 'We Can Do It!' life every day."  

More than 6 million women would eventually heed the poster's call, entering the workforce in droves during the war. Nearly half found factory jobs previously reserved for men to churn out bombers, tanks, guns and ammunition.  After the war, Doyle's famous image became a lasting emblem, said Gladys Beckwith, former director of the Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame, which honored Doyle in 2002.

"Rosie the Riveter is the image of an independent woman who is in control of her own destiny," Beckwith said. "(Doyle) was a gracious, beautiful woman. Her death is the passing of an era, and we need to take note of that. We need to respect what she stood for."  Ironically, Doyle herself didn't know until 1984 that she had a famous face - not until she was flipping through an issue of "Modern Maturity" magazine and saw a reproduction of the poster.   "She said, 'This is me!,' " recalled Gregg.

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: Denrep on January 10, 2011, 08:54:43 PM
Ueha but "CAN" could mean cansas too.  :scratchhead:

Only if your from Cantucy.

GJ

guidematic

I'll keep looking in my mailbox for items that were destined for Ontario,CA.

Mike

DavidP

It happens ... at least people in the US always assuming its California ...  :doh:
I was just looking for a fairly rare part ... and had someone in the US contact me and tell me about a guy in Ontario as he lived close by and would be interested in exchanging some parts ...  :shh:
I felt like a fool when I sent the email offering to trade some fairly heavy parts ...  :doh:
In CANADA ... we would know better ... we know there are a few developed countries outside the US ...  :Muttley:

Lucky I found one of these ... it's the main base for the steering and all pedals ... gas, brake and clutch ... only $45 ... and they haven't been made in 50 years ...  :beer:

Carfreak

Many many years ago (B.I. - before internet) I booked a hotel room by phone in YORK, about 30 miles away from Hershey .

We had driven 500 miles the night before after working all day and only had a couple hours sleep. 
Then trekked the muddy fields (before everything was paved parking lots) and were looking forward to a soft (well, any) bed and a hot shower. 

Did I mention it was raining? 

We found the hotel, tried to check in and no reservation?!?!?!   WTF!!!!!    :curse:

Called the hotel reservations 800 line - - the reservations rep had booked us to a hotel in York NEBRASKA!!!!

Hellooo - - I had asked for as close to Hershey PA as possible.   :pull hair:

Fortunately the hotel in York PA did have rooms available and the phone rep that I spoke to promised that they
would't charge me a cancellation for the Nebraska hotel.  Ueah, right.

Anyhow, paid a bit more than the promised rate but at least we had a place to sleep and shower.   :sleep:

And yes, as a matter of fact the phone rep did try to blame me.  She said I should have known it was NE and not PA by the phone number.   :screwy:

Fins

That is one of those times I mentioned when you are soooo tired, you don't care about the bed........remember? I thought so. You take it and sleep really good.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Ueah.  Now have Burb and he's been substitute hotel room many nights. 

Fins

But Burb doesn't have a hot shower and breaklfast in the morning.

At least like I like it. My kind of breakfast would break Burb's springs.   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Breakfast, you better believe it! 

And thats wherever we want to eat.