News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

93 Fleetwood Brougham

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

That car is sweet! And the simple and bulletproof throttle body injection.

Mike

Fins

There is something about that body style that's like nails on a chalk board.

And what's with the zebra carpeting? Surely you jest !!!   :yikes:  Someone actually bought that?   :speechless:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, It's gorgeous!
On the outside it looks identical to my 94.

GJ

Fins

Damn.  :taz:  I thought with that reply I'd get more than one person stirred up.   :pot:

I guess I need to try harder.   :devil:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

He he...

I'm used to it. Seems that many folk don't like the "Modern" Cadillacs here.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

I don't consider it that modern, the platform goes back to 77.

GJ

guidematic

It's still modern by some standards. I know that some folk here consider anything built after 1972 new junk.

Modern Cadillacs for me are those less than 10 years old.

And I still say these 94-96 Fleetwoods would wup any other previous standard Cadillac's ass. And be perfectly serene while doing it.

Mike

DownUnderDeville

Now I like that  :yes:  Still VERY Cadillac.

QuoteAnd what's with the zebra carpeting? Surely you jest !!! 

Someone's being clever with the vacuum cleaner.

Fins

I doubt that. The stripes are too uniform and perfect. To do that with a vacuum requires a great deal of effort. And you wouldn't do that to a sale car. You want it as 'factory looking' as you can get it to get all the money out of it
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Russ

Quote from: guidematic on May 11, 2011, 01:35:03 PM
  I know that some folk here consider anything built after 1972 1964 new junk.

63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

My cut-off year is 1976 for most American made cars. A few different models went to 1979 before they went in the crapper.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Look at it this way. As time went on, good cars become more scarce. the really bad period was in the 80's for many cars. there was some real junk being built then. But there were also some very good cars.

Today most everything is junk, but there are still some good cars out there to be had.

And I'll put my '94 up against any full sized Cadillac that went before it. Nothing can compare to it for comfort, convenience, power and quietness. And it gets 28 MPG. Plus, it will outhandle anything built before, save for the few equipped with the FE2 suspension.

Can ANY pre '94 full sized Cadillac do that? And have a top speed approaching 140 MPH? (with the governer disabled)

Mike

Denrep

Quote from: guidematic on May 11, 2011, 01:35:03 PM
I know that some folk here consider anything built after 1972 1964 1965 commercial chassis new junk.

:Muttley:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

DownUnderDeville

QuoteI know that some folk here consider anything built after 1972 1964 1965 commercial chassis 1979*new junk.
:Muttley:

(* Offer excludes mid-90s Fleetwoods and that '84 Monte SS I like. And the Corvette (shuddup, Fins). Oh, and the one in my avatar.)