News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Caddy 67-70 Calipers

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

ST Dog

So, a bit more that Rock Auto if you return the cores. A decent buy if you don't have cores or don't want the hassle of returning them.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1025378,parttype,1704
Centric parts only have a 90day/3000mile warranty though.

Cheaper to just get calipers for $20 each and $24 pads form AutoZone. (or splurge for better pads if you like)
And those pads are "lifetime" pads. When they wear out you get replacements for free.
I've used that warranty before, honored with no questions. Take the old pads in and walk out with new ones.

EZ

Thomas,
Be careful.  I was told by the guy at Advance Auto parts that the "free replacement warranty" on brake pads has been replaced by some
"limited warranty" that was written by a lawyer.  I can't remember but I think he said it covered "defects" only so you don't get new pads
anymore just because you wore the linings out.

Double check me but I think I'm right............... :banghead:

ST Dog

Quote from: EZ on May 25, 2011, 06:21:06 PM
Thomas,
Be careful.  I was told by the guy at Advance Auto parts that the "free replacement warranty" on brake pads has been replaced by some "limited warranty" that was written by a lawyer.  I can't remember but I think he said it covered "defects" only so you don't get new pads anymore just because you wore the linings out.

I don't do much business at Advance Auto Parts (mainly because I only recent moved near one).

AutoZone still says "Limited Lifetime" like always, and the full page still says the same as before.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsHome.jsp?leftNavPage=warranties&pageCategory=limitedWarranties

No exclusion for normal wear and tear, just "misuse, abuse, other faulty parts, improper installation or off-road, commercial or marine use."

Same wording used on all the lifetime warranties too, be it brake pads, alternators, starters, vacuum advance, or horn relay.