Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

OK. 'Fess up.

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

OMG, that hurts my eyes.   :o
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

I now see the differences in the '75 and '76 on the rear. The '75 is missing the chrome bezels around the lights and the trunk lip chrome strip. The same with the front end. Chrome accents take away the blandness of the '75.

Looking at the car, it really doesn't look too bad, sans the seats and the steering wheel. You need 2 grand alone just to make them right. Lipstick Red leather would turn that car loose.

The rough engine compartment looks like 145,000, but at least it's not butchered up by some moron with a Ford blue spray can.  3G's top offer.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

Maybe the guy was raised by his Grandma, and grew attached to the couch cover.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

I don't remember Cadillac making a pattern like that.   :puke:  At first, before I looked at the link it was going to be that Burnt Orange color that they used in the Calais.

I'm wondering if there is a link between the vinyl roof being replaced and the carpeting. Sort of a Caribou syndrome.   :chin:  Or whether the carpeting turned orange from sun bleaching.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

I think that interior was white... before the shotgun went off.

:Muttley:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Geoff

"Sort of a Caribou syndrome. "

Not funny.  You're just trying to see if I'm paying attention, right?

:icon_OO:  Geoff
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

Quote from: Geoff on October 24, 2011, 01:29:46 PM
"Sort of a Caribou syndrome. "

Not funny.  You're just trying to see if I'm paying attention, right?

:icon_OO:  Geoff

:yes:  You're on it Geoff !!!   :hi:

Whew. Close one.   :Sweating:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

EXCRUISERGUY

That was the Bordello option.

GJ

Carfreak

Quote from: Fins on October 24, 2011, 01:22:21 PM

I don't remember Cadillac making a pattern like that.   :puke:  

Why yes they did.  Its called 'Monticello Velour' and the color is Crimson.
http://automotivemileposts.com/cadillac/cadi1975interiortrim.html

EXCRUISERGUY

Did you take the fist pic at the FCC last year?
I remember seeing that interior.

GJ

Fins

The blue is actually pretty, but the red is fugly. No comment on the middle pic.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on October 24, 2011, 01:54:10 PM
Did you take the fist pic at the FCC last year?
I remember seeing that interior.

GJ

Nope, found it on the web.

ST Dog

Quote from: CarFreak on October 24, 2011, 01:50:18 PM
Why yes they did.  Its called 'Monticello Velour' and the color is Crimson.
http://automotivemileposts.com/cadillac/cadi1975interiortrim.html

I was just about to remind everyone that it was the 70s after all.

Some really atrocious stuff during that period.