News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1964 Trumpet Horn for sale.

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

This is a real 1964 (only year) Eldorado Trumpet Horn for sale.  It is stamped with the part # 896 12V. It is in very nice condition with no dents. It has it original mounting brackets. The one on the end and the one clamp it the middle. It works like it should. You will not find another one for sale unless someone is parting a 1964 Eldorado that has one, which is not likely. They made repop right hand mirror but never repoped the Trumpet Horn. Price for that $50,000 car that is missing the horn! $550. + shipping. Email at nogas2day@gmail.com

Geoff

More on Eldo horns from the Mobo ----

Warren Rauch #4286

Re: 1960 Eldorado Trumpet Style Horn???
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
More on the eldo horns. The 1961-63 Eldorado horn is a B-Flat (199 9947). The 1964 eldorado horn is a low C note (199 9896). This is the horn that is over 2 feet long and only used on the Eldo conv. The other projector horn, which is about one foot long was sold as the Eldorado horn, for all the other 1964 Cadillacs it  used a high C note (199 9889). Late in the 1964 model year. A kit came out to install the long horn on other models (990 301) I believe this was late in 1964. It went in front of the radiator so any service department could have done so by ordering the parts anyway. The 61-63 horn long horn is a little longer than the 64 model ,in the late 60's the 64 model was the replacement for 61-64, but not for the 57-60 's ,The horn that replaced them was the shorter version.
  As far as interchange to other GM 's, I don't have that information. Warren
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

I don't care what you drive. To pay that kind of money for a horn is the definition of 'too much money'.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Denrep

Pyro - You need one or two for your own car, that's not for sale?
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Geoff

I have a couple of Eldo trumpet horns in my (not for sale) stash.  Guess I'll use Warren's number list to try and ID just what years they are for.  Eldo horns were optional on other Cadillac models from the factory or dealer installed although maybe not the particular Eldo convert horn that 62driver has.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Russ

I want a long eldo horn for my Hearse. 

Geoff

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Carfreak

That's the shorter Eldo horn; I've got one of those on Bonne - sounds good.   :music2:

Poor Old Nut Thinks Its A Cadillac  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Russ

So Geoff, whats it gonna take, to get one of your secret squirrel stacked horns??????????

Geoff

..... in my (not for sale) stash.  I'm really not interested in selling either of them, but I'll keep you in mind.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Jon

Pyro, maybe you could convince him to put you in his will.

Russ

My sister is single,  let her do the dirty work.. :Muttley:

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!