News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Just for CF

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Found this near me.  Have a friend looking into it.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

guidematic

Uh oh, now you've opened a can of worms.

What's the significance of the Foamite label? I assume something to do with foam fire suppression.

Mike

Fins

I was thinking maybe an airport apparatus.  :chin: But it's a ladder truck.  :scratchhead:

Maybe not ladders. It looks more like a joist of some sorts.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Believe the Foamite indicated some company affiliation not a particular model.

I'm guessing early 50s?  Friend had a nice open cab ladder truck like that which he sold to someone in Texas.  

Buyer had more $$$ than brains; he f'd up and ran the ladder up into some power lines when showing up for something.  A VERY NICE rig burnt to a crisp.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

So, the ALF-Foamite was built in Toronto. Interesting.

Mike