News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Link to '59 pics

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

If anyone has any interest, or knows someone that does. There are 96 pics of the car and if you scroll through the rest of the gobblety gook, there are more to be found of the engine and trans rebuild.

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq334/Big59Fins/

Make me an offer I can't refuse. If not, in June it'll be at the GN. After that, it's (groan) FleaBay.
The hotel has a car rental desk right there, so I'll get home without blinking an eye.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

What price is on Sweet Pea's head?

Fins

A minimum of $22K USD. Otherwise, I'll just keep it. It costs just over $200/year to tag and insure. So it doesn't kill me to keep it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

In other words, 'I want to sell but I'm not desperate - don't bother a low ball price.' 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

:yes:

But personally, I think $22K is just right. But with no comparison market on sedans, it's hard to call. Everything for sale is a Coupe', an Eldorado, or some numbnuts that cuts the roof of them.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

So what's the replacement going to be? Will there be a replacement?

Fins

Nothing in the immediate future. But it will most likely be another 76 Eldorado Convertible. There is something about that car that turns my crank. But you never know what the future holds.

My buddy has a classic dealer that wants to see it. He tossed a 17-20 K figure on the table a few weeks back. He has European connections to people that want these 59's. 2 door, 4 door they don't care.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

This one sold for $14k in Ft. Laud recently -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-CADILLAC-62-SERIES-SEDAN-70-520-ORIGINAL-MILES-PINK-CADDY-/270949092665?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f15d30d39

missing lots of trim, wrong hubcaps, crappy tires, broken horn ring, cheapo Series 62, ugly color interior, etc.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

That goes to show that there is an ass for every seat.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

davecdv

Quote from: Fins on April 24, 2012, 01:56:16 AM
A minimum of $22K USD. Otherwise, I'll just keep it. It costs just over $200/year to tag and insure. So it doesn't kill me to keep it.

Sounds like a good deal to me Fins.

I would have thought the intact  horn ring alone would be worth in the region of $1000. :yes:

Fins

It is. And it's original, not a repro.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: Fins on April 24, 2012, 02:22:46 AM
Nothing in the immediate future. But it will most likely be another 76 Eldorado Convertible. There is something about that car that turns my crank. But you never know what the future holds.

My buddy has a classic dealer that wants to see it. He tossed a 17-20 K figure on the table a few weeks back. He has European connections to people that want these 59's. 2 door, 4 door they don't care.

A Bicentennial? (In your part of the world too)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Cadillac-Eldorado-Fleetwood-Bicentennial-Edition-/230780691920?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35bb99e5d0

Fixed link CF

Fins

Right down the street too. Sweet.

I'll be waiting for the check whenever you want to send it DuD.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: Fins on April 25, 2012, 04:50:52 AM
Right down the street too. Sweet.

I'll be waiting for the check whenever you want to send it DuD.

Won't need to check it, I'm sure it'll be just fine.  :pot: :pot: :Muttley:

Fins

Ueah, you are a  :pot:   :Muttley:

That Bicentennial would look beautiful in my garage.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631