New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

500 Beetle.....

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

One word......MORON.   :screwy:  :jack:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

madcaddyman

"NEEDS TWO FREEZE PLUGS THEY ARE LEAKING EASY TO GET TO" I hope so....what a dick!  :LOL:

Rene

Fins

If they were that easy, just change them and scratch the BS from the ad.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

madcaddyman

Maybe he thinks the main seals are the freeze plugs  :yikes:

Rene

guidematic

trvlr480

That thing would be a death trap to drive.  I'm sure there's no need for a heater either and I'd hate to be inside it on a 100 degree day.  I can only imagine where that engine and transmission would end up in a collision.  Nothing like a 300 degree, 800 lb suppository.  If the fan didn't put you out of your misery first.

Russ

That left wheel sticks out way too far.  I'd still drive it.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

thebig429

At least he could try covering it like this v8 Corvair with a boat engine cover. There is a lit too.( any clues what v8 he used, couldnt catch up to the owner)

V8 Corvair by Mikes Big 429, on Flickr

V8 Corvair by Mikes Big 429, on Flickr
Could of tried rear wheel drive like this

Ford V8  VW by Mikes Big 429, on Flickr
Might end up driving from the back seat

The big guys the owner so i guess he could fit in there

Cadillac Radio
Classic rock from the 60s - 90s
triplecitiesclassicrock.weebly.com/
-------------------------------

guidematic

Those conversions on the Corvair made them quite the runner. They were popular in the '60's. Lots of mags ran ads for the conversion kits.

With that VW, you're literally sitting right in the engine compartment.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I was at the Street Machine Nationals ,many years ago and there was a VW with a 455 olds sitting in the front where the spare goes, it also was for sale I asked the owner how's it run ? his answer was buy it and find out, must be the same guy .
1970 Coupe Devile

Gary

Some 25 years ago a local guy put a Bug body on a shortened mid-year corvette chassis.
He called it the ThunderBug, and it outran most everything, even the State Patrol one night.
Thankfully, I was not in it when it topped 140.
He's gone, but the car still exists. And it still scares the crap outta me.

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Fins

My '69 GTX would outrun any of the State cars. The biggest problem was trying to outrun Motorola.

It never did work.  :speechless:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Tailfin Joe

Hey Fins what was your Top End on the GTX? , what gears were you runing?
1970 Coupe Devile

trvlr480

Quote from: guidematic on June 26, 2012, 12:49:47 PM

Those conversions on the Corvair made them quite the runner. They were popular in the '60's. Lots of mags ran ads for the conversion kits.

With that VW, you're literally sitting right in the engine compartment.

Mike

Either one would be a death trap if you went out and really started using all the horsepower although I'd opt for the Corvair with the V-8 any time.  I knew an accountant years ago.  He was 30 years old.  To make a long story short he bought a '66 Vette.  We painted it and put the usual "Duck's Butt" on the rear end.  Then he installed 454 LS-7.  One of the real ones before they de-tuned them and he was dead a weak later.  He hit a tree sideways at around 90 mph.  He was ejected out the BACK window and killed instantly. I went and looked at the car in the wrecking yard.  The tail shaft of the transmission was sticking straight up through the drivers seat right where his ass was.  The tree slammed right through the car half way into the drivers seat.  It came in the right side and left about a 1 foot wide "path".  The headers on the left side of the engine were actually "stretched" when the car was bent.  ALL of the fiberglass on the body was shattered and literally left the body of the car on impact.  There was no "body" left.  Just everything the hood, qtrs, doors and everything else was glued or bolted to.

That Vette had so much power that he could just roll on the gas at 20 mph hour and light up the 50 series tires he had on it for as long as he wanted to.  I know what happened.  He was in 3rd gear at 90mph and shifted to 4th.  The ass end swung around and that was it.  He was out-running the cops on HWY 101 at the time because he was enjoying his new toy and had a few beers in him.  That really wasn't that out of line back then in Kalifornia.  We all did it when we could just for fun.  He should have had that rear end tuned and it wouldn't have slid out from under him at that speed.

Needless to say, if I want to drive something really light weight with a lot of horsepower it better have the suspension, brakes and evrything else to handle that kind of horse power and torque.  Corvairs and Beetle don't measure up in that respect.  Neither does anything else from the 60's or 70's without some serious cash spent.

There is a reason they manufacture Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and other exotics.  The exotics are actually engineered to handle horsepower and torque like that.  Even at that the owners wreck them and get killed in them all the time.